OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 6 results

1. My client wants the option to have a QR code generated by code (easy) or the option to upload an image for the QR code (easy) BUT if an image is uploaded the text frame for the generated code should cease to exist (hard) So the pseudo-code: if upload: frame = uploadImageFrame else: frame = qrCodeFrame Or is there a built in control that does not require a custom Rule?
  2. Hi- Can anyone help me create a rule that will pull an image from a defined location at random? There could be as few as two images to choose from, could be more, but the selection should be random. This is for print, not web. Creator 10.03, PC, Producer server
  3. I'm creating a template for a customer that allows users to select up to 5 bullets. Based upon the number of bullets they flow to the next frame. I have that working. In addition to the above, they want to use an image as a bullet. (see attached bullet)Bullet-Red-c12m100y99k3.pdf I'm using the following rule: if (Field("Bullet 1") != "") return "<graphic file=Bullet-Red-c12m100y99k3.pdf>"+ Field("Bullet 1"); else return "" When I test the rule it shows that it is returning the graphic + the text. When I apply the rule it is only showing the text. I deselected return as tagged text & it placed the following in the text box: <graphic file=Bullet-Red-c12m100y99k3.pdf>Bullet Copy. I know that I can use graphic boxes for the bullets & text boxes for the copy (and align them), but some bullets are 1 line & some are 2 lines so the spacing between them will not be uniform. This is why I'm trying to use inline graphic. Also, on 2 line bullets, the bullet needs to display on line 1. I've also attached a PDF showing how the bullets should display. PrintAd-4x4-r1.pdf I hope someone can help me today.
  4. Hello Again, I find myself having trouble with some code that I have validated in Fusion Pro VDP's code editor, and as data output on my local computer, not behaving as expected in Marcom. The idea is that a user will select a cover image for a multiple page brochure - out of a gallery style picker - and depending on the specific image they select the background images of the inside pages, inset flap and back cover will populate with images that best compliment the colors in the cover image. Basically letting the user pick the cover and having that determines the style for every other background image in the booklet. My variable to select the cover is applied directly to the graphic frame of the cover, and is functioning correctly in Marcom, but the value of it does not seem to be making it to the rule in the template. The following code is an example of the rule I wrote for the back cover. switch (GetFileName(Field("Cover Image")).toLowerCase()) { case "Sunset_Fade.pdf".toLowerCase(): return Resource("Backer_Red.pdf"); case "Waterfall.pdf".toLowerCase(): return Resource("Backer_Blue.pdf"); case "Starry_Sky.pdf".toLowerCase(): return Resource("Backer_Purple.pdf"); default: return Resource("Backer_Gray.pdf"); } The rule is structured as a graphic switch rule, that I converted to java to try to trouble shoot, but in Marcom it only returns the default value. I got it to work based on a text value input from Marcom, using a different variable as a quick test, but the client wants to be able to see the cover images in a gallery when ordering the brochure, so I cannot alter that part on the product. I'm baffled as to why it doesn't work. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this while in Marcom? Help is much appreciated!
  5. Hello Again, I am setting up some presentation fliers for a client, and one section requires presenter/speaker head shots and biographies. The client has designed them to wrap the text around the speaker's photo and to have 0.1875" of padding on just the right side and bottom of the image. Fusion Pro is wrapping the text around the image, but the text touches the image box. It took me a while to even find the text wrap setting at all, and I can find no place to change the behavior of the text wrap in my Fusion Pro documentation. Is there a way to define the precise padding (space around the image) when using the text wrap tool? I have included a mock up image of what I am attempting to do and what Fusion Pro is generating: http://www.rboweb.com/WASHU/IMGS/EXAMPLES/textwrapquestion.jpg I know for a fact that the client will not redesign this layout to accommodate the software, so I have to figure out a way to create the desired layout. Thanks!
  6. I have 15 images in my gallery and only 14 of the thumbnails appear in the popup window when I hit the gallery button. If I use the pulldown menu, all 15 file names are there, and everything works fine. If I type in the name of the missing image, the thumbnail appears all by itself. Choosing the image will work fine, but if a user doesn't see the thumbnail, they won't know it's a choice. All images are jpegs and are about the same file size and format. Any ideas on why this is happening?