OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 10 results

1. I need a rule for Sequential numbering in ranges of 6 increments that repeats until a specified range ending (1001-146000). I will use a Overflow template until the pages are filled with the repeating range. How do I repeat the rule on the same page until it's filled within the text box? for example: 1001-1006 1007-1012 1013-1018 etc. filling the rest of the page down, then overflow to the next page and continue where it left off. My current Sequential Incremental Rule looks like this: var start_number = 1001; var increment = 6; var crn = CurrentRecordNumber() -1; var set_start = start_number +crn +(crn * increment); var set_end = set_start + increment; return set_start + "-" + set_end
  2. Hi, I have a bunch of recipe cards and I'm working on programming FusionPro to merge them into a layout. Each card has an ingredient list formatted as a table. I have that programmed and it works fine. My problem is that below the ingredient list is a list of tools required for producing the recipe. The tool list is in a two column format and it needs to move with the ingredient table so it is always the same distance below the table. In my text frame I have my rule for my ingredient table, a rule for my tool list and I have set the text frame to have two columns. The problem is that when the tool list starts the second column, the text goes to the top of the frame and is overlapping the table. I have attached screen captures of what I'm trying to achieve and what I am achieving. Is there a way to do this? I've looked through the tag reference guide but I don't see any tags for creating a paragraph that has columns. I also don't see any documentation for feeding overflow content from one table cell into another one. Any advice is appreciated. (FusionPro Creator 10.0.16 on Windows 10)
  3. Greetings all, We are stumped on a copyfit issue, and would appreciate any help you may be able to give. Here is the rule and the issue below. thanks so much in advance for any help!!!! OnCopyfit Rule: Rule("OnCopyfit") if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "Event"); MagnifyAttributes("Event", 0, 400, 6, 0); if (FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name == "Special Message"); MagnifyAttributes("Special Message", 25, 400, 6, 72); ReportWarning("Could not copyfit text in flow " + FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name); In the Text frame “Event” under paragraph formatting, I have the box for “Do not break on copyfit” checked and under Overflow Options I have Adjust text to fit checked along with Allow text to expand to fill. So ideally, I would like whatever the customer types in to the box to fill the box and stay on one line However, right now it is breaking into two lines and discarding the text that doesn’t fit. screen shot attached
  4. I need a sheet of coupons that cycle through the list of coupons in a data file. These coupons are 5 up and 3 across. They will need to continue if the group of coupons goes beyond 15 and continue until the data file runs out of records. I am using Repeatable Components instead of Imposition because the Data Sheet name needs to be at the bottom of each coupon group and later chunked out by Data Sheet name. I know how to code through items if using a key and external file but these don't really have any key items to go off of and some items may repeat themselves if there are multiple copies listed in the Data File. I need help getting this file to display one copy of each record. Right now it displays a copy for the first record multiple times based on the "i <= #" part. The records really should loop until the end without me having to list a number. Attached are sample files. We usually use .csv files but I had to upload the file as a .txt so you will need to relink the data file. I'm only asking for guidance not a complete solution. I will continue to try to work through this on my own. Shelf_Tags.pdf BabyFood.txt
  5. I have a very complex file. Figured out how to get it to loop through entries and then display additional data tables if it found another User. However, each user needs a copy of their own page, not just a data table, with all of the same information and it needs to flow behind the other one. I am not sure what I need to make this happen. Attaching a sample set so everyone can view what I have already and work through solutions. Sample FPro.zip
  6. I updated to VDP 9.3.22 and ever since I did I'm getting a message every time I move a variable box that says: Do you want to Undo the overflow changes? Has anyone else had this issue? If so anything to do to get rid of it? It is very annoying. Thanks,
  7. Hello all, Usually, when I need to stack graphics one on top of another, I simply layer multiple graphic boxes and have each box call different rules. This works fine for templates with static page counts. I now need to do this in a template that has variable pages. So, normally, one would create a text frame and put a graphics tag in it and loop through the number of pages in the PDF. Then put a Body and Overflow page onto the template and turn on Overflow to new Pages and have a target text box on the Overflow page. This doesn't seem to work if you have 2 text boxes layered on top of each other. Only one textbox can be the Overflow-To "recipient" on the Overflow page. So, how can I stack multiple graphics using the dynamic Overflow method? Each of these graphics would have the same number of pages, but on some records the PDFs called can all have 24 pages, and on other records the PDFs called can be 28 pages. Is it possible? Or do I have to manually create the maximum number of pages possible, go to graphic frames and use Page Suppression for pages I don't want?
  8. I have a Text Frame with Variable text fields that can overflow to a second page if needed. The text if overflowing properly, but I have 2 additional requirements 1. I need the overflow page to be present regardless of whether or not it has content. 2. Furthermore, I would like to place the word "continued" at the bottom of the first page whenever content spills over to the overflow page. Both of these requirements seem like they could work if I could identify the Overflow page usage in java script. However, I have had no luck with that on my own.
  9. I am not sure if this issue has been covered on another post or not but I have a 2-sided job where page 1 can overflow into any number of pages and the other side is a static piece of art that needs to print on the back of all pages. As you may already know the overflow pages flow consecutively and not to every odd page like I need it to. As is, if I compose a record where the overflow makes 2 pages the PDF would have the body page 1, overflow page 1, overflow page 2 and the static back page. I need it to be body page 1, static back, overflow page 1, static back, overflow page 2 and static back, Can anyone point me out in the right direction? How do I force the overflow pages to every odd page and repeat the back page? Do I have to count the pages in the record first and then repeat the back pages x number of times? I'm not a nube but this one is throwing me for a loop. Thanks for any help in advance.
  10. I am using overflow pages to create a multi-page document. There are 62 different data scenarios (the template data file). My issue: the overflow pages do not render in the template's "preview" mode. I can only see them after composition. I need to see them in preview mode because there are a few data scenarios that cause excessive pages to be added. I need to know which ones (in preview mode) so I can examine the rules and determine why. I think there should be an "OnRecordStart" rule I could write to invoke the overflow pages during preview... but I cannot seem to craft one. Any ideas?