OS

Acrobat Version

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

User Title

Found 11 results

1. So I am curious if there is a way to upload dozens of colors instead of creating one at a time. I have a few hundred different color options, CMYK variances, I need to input into FP and would love an easier way. Any and all help is appreciated!
  2. All, I need help. I have a customer that can add up to 2 phone numbers on a business card. The field tags vary. They need to bold the two phone tag fields and change the color for the divider between the 2 numbers if both are used. I have Treat as Tagged Text selected. I have tried both <b></b> and <f name=""></f> My rule current rule is if (Field("Phone 1") != "" && Field("Phone 2") != "") return <f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 1 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone")+' '+<color name="c0m36y100k8">|</color>+' '+<f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 2 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone2"); else if (Field("Phone 1") != "" && Field("Phone 2") == "") return <f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 1 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone"); else if (Field("Phone 1") == "" && Field("Phone 2") != "") return <f name="Gotham Bold">Field("Phone 2 Tag")</f>+' '+Rule("Rule_FormatPhone2"); else if (Field("Phone 1") == "" && Field("Phone 2") == "") return ""; When I check fonts used under advanced, I see Gotham Book and Gotham Bold I also see this in the text frame. The color name for the color I want to use is c0m36y100k8. I see this in both the text frame color drop down as well as colors under advanced. My phone format rules are formatting the numbers as (000) 000-0000. I'm not getting any errors on compose, but it is returning the following: Field("Phone 1 Tag") (404) 213-8360 | Field("Phone 2 Tag") (404) 941-2631 The whole line is black and there is no bold. I appreciate any of the help I can get. Thanks, Traba
  3. I always import a file from InDesign so I can embed the correct fonts & colors, but I am having trouble with one color specifically; Pantone 370 C. Its loaded into FusionPro correctly but when I export it, all the CMYK values get mixed up. They are supposed to be: C = 28 M= 0 Y = 81 K = 45 They export as: C = 65.37 M= 25.93 Y = 100 K = 8.79 Has anyone else run into this issue before?
  4. Hi i use FP for my EFI DSF site. I am templating a business card that has pantone colors. Does FP have the capability to do this. My FP version is 10.0.3 Thanks in advanced Naval
  5. I really didn't want to post this but after hours of searching I couldn't find a reason. I have two templates that use this code. One of the templates refuses to turn the text of the table white. I have: Made the made Variable in the Text Frame as White text I have edited my Table rule so both outcomes show as White I have edited the outcome for other variables other than "RED" and they work I have rewritten the code so not RED would be Black Tried seeing if it composed properly even if preview was bad (didn't work) However, no matter what I have done the code still shows black text on a dark colored background. Here is my code: var tbl = []; var myTable = new FPTable; myTable.AddColumns(3000, 3000, 3000, 3000, 3000); if (Field("RUN COLOR") == "RED") { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<2; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "White"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3,4); row.minHeight = 800; } } else { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<2; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "Black"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3,4); row.minHeight = 800; } } //Insert Data into Rows myTable.Rows[0].SetContents("<color name=\"White\">" + Field("BOX09"), Field("BOX07"), Field("BOX05"), Field("BOX03"), Field("BOX01")); //Row 1 myTable.Rows[1].SetContents(Field("BOX10"), Field("BOX08"), Field("BOX06"), Field("BOX04"), Field("BOX02")); //Row 2 BoxSet = myTable.MakeTags().replace(/^\<table/, "<table alignment=right"); return BoxSet; If it is helpful to know this code slightly varies from the other template that does work. Here is that code: var tbl = []; var myTable = new FPTable; myTable.AddColumns(3100, 3100, 3100, 3100); if (Field("RUN COLOR") == "RED") { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<3; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "White"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3); row.minHeight = 1200; } } else { //Formatting the table for (var i=0; i<3; i++) { var row = myTable.AddRow(); var cell = row.Cells[0]; cell.Margins = new FPTableMargins; cell.Margins = {Bottom: 0, Top: 0, Left: 0, Right: 0}; //cell.SetBorders("Thin", "Black", "Top", "Right", "Bottom", "Left"); cell.HAlign = "Right"; cell.VAlign = "Bottom"; cell.TextColor = "Black"; row.CopyCells(0,1,2,3); row.minHeight = 1200; } } //Insert Data into Rows myTable.Rows[0].SetContents(Field("BOX10"), Field("BOX07"), Field("BOX04"), Field("BOX01")); //Row 1 myTable.Rows[1].SetContents(Field("BOX11"), Field("BOX08"), Field("BOX05"), Field("BOX02")); //Row 2 myTable.Rows[2].SetContents(Field("BOX12"), Field("BOX09"), Field("BOX06"), Field("BOX03")); //Row 3 BoxSet = myTable.MakeTags().replace(/^\<table/, "<table alignment=right"); return BoxSet; If someone could just guide me to what is causing this issue of being black all the time regardless of the Rules or what is set in the Text Frame, I would appreciate it. It may be possible I am just missing something small but it absolutely does not change to White if the background frame is Red.
  6. Please help. I'm programming a business card template and the customer uses 2 colors for the name. First Letter is PANTONE 2717 C and all other letters are Pantone 659 C. Will someone help me write a javascript rule for this? Thanks!
  7. I'm having trouble writing a rule to change the color of the "@" symbol to black while keeping the rest of the email address red. When I validate the rule it returns my field correctly but it is not changing the color when I preview it. I have checked and I labeled the color exactly how it is spelt in my loaded colors and I have "treat returned strings as tagged text" selected. What am I missing? Thanks! return Field("Email").replace(/@/g, '<color name="Black">@</color>');
  8. When exporting the assets from an indesign file to a pdf the color values, specifically CMYK colors, are becoming distorted and not remaining the same as they were in the indesign. We can go in and manually change the color values back to their original CMYK values but some of these will not stay changed and revert back to the wrong values. It's almost as if a document with CMYK colors is being converted to RGB, and then changed back to CMYK when the pdf is created in the template generator. Therefore the CMYK colors are incorrect. Is there some setting or something we are missing when exporting the template that is causing the templates to lose their original color values? This problem is not happening when the colors are set up as PMS.
  9. Hi I have a template, where I need to make a QR-code and set the color of it. So I have made a rule for this. But what ever color or size I set in the text frame with the QR-code does not apply. If I make QR-code from the built in dialogs (without converting to JavaScript), then I can change the color and size. Here is my code var PointSize = "18"; var NameRuleOrField = Trim(Field("Name")); var CompanyRuleOrField = Rule("R Companyname for QR"); var PhoneRuleOrField = Trim(Field("Direct phone")); var MobileRuleOrField = Trim(Field("Mobile phone")); var EmailRuleOrField = Rule("R Email for QR"); var WebsiteRuleOrField = "www.tytex.com"; if (Trim(Field("Title 2")).length == 0 ) { var TitleRuleOrField = Rule("R Title 1"); } else { var TitleRuleOrField = Rule("R Title 1") + ", " + Rule("R Title 2"); } // vCard format // http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard // Note that support for vCard may be more limited than for MECARD, // and that vCard requires more data to be encoded, resulting in a denser barcode. var info = { N: NameRuleOrField, ORG: CompanyRuleOrField, TITLE: TitleRuleOrField, "TEL;WORK;VOICE": PhoneRuleOrField, "TEL;WORK;CELL": MobileRuleOrField, EMAIL: EmailRuleOrField, URL: WebsiteRuleOrField, } var result = ["BEGIN:VCARD", "VERSION:2.1"]; for (var label in info) { if (info[label]) result.push(label + ":" + info[label]); } result.push("END:VCARD"); return MakeQRBarcodeGraphic(result.join(Chr(13) + Chr(10))); var QR = new QRBarcode; QR.pointSize = Int(PointSize) || 10; return QR.Make(result); And here is a collect of my job. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1372858/Temp/1/Collect.zip.zip Hope somebody can see what is missing.
  10. Is there a way to use a screened value of a color in text? For frames there is a fillColorPercent. Is there a way to do this with text? I currently have my site building dynamic colors using the cmyk hex values and passing it in the formatting as a color tag. I plan on converting the system to use the new FusionProColor function to define the name, the values, and isSpot. I am working with spot colors and I need to be able to create the spot and use various screens of the color in different text flows for two color print.
  11. Is it possible to screen tint variable text at a percentage of a spot color and be able to have it appear on the same separation after composition? For example, we have a 2-color business card that will be reproduced via offset or web press. The phone label is 60% PANTONE 362C and the phone number is 100% PANTONE 362C. After composition, the 60% spot text and 100% spot text become different separations. (Technically, turning our 2-color business card into a 3-color business card.) This isn't a problem with variable frame background colors, just the the text contained within. Surprised that we haven't run into this situation before. Thank you!