Mac install, multiple users

pmhapp

I installed FP on a mac yesterday under UserA. Today, UserB needs to use it, but it is not active. Is there something special that needs to be done in order to have multiple users on the same Mac use FP?

• 2 weeks later...
To recap: Logged in as "Mike", who is an administrator, we installed FP. Of note, both Acro 8 and 9 are installed. I think FP only installed plugins for 9. So, I manually copied the plugin to Acro 8. Seems to work fine. Log out, log in as "Tom", who is also a administrator. The FP menu does not show in the Acro menu bar. If I just rerun the installer, it's fine. If I switch back to Mike, the FP menu does not show in the Acro menu bar.

Just curious: what happens if one user is not an admin, and you install under the admin account?

At our shop, we have a generic login for all users so that we don't deal with multiple accounts per machine. Aside from not having the luxury of personalizing our "digital work area", the only issue is accessing personal mail accounts. We use a webmail interface as a workaround for that.

Obviously that may be a last resort for your situation. Good luck.

If I install as an admin, and another admin cannot run it, then I would assume a Standard user also would not be able to run it, but I'll check...

Yea, it would cause a large problem to switch to a single-user environment.

I know this should work. It worked properly on the Mac we transferred this license from.

Archived