Supressing Graphics Frame

MikeVM

Hi,

posting to correct forum.

I have a graphic frame on my template in which clients can place any of 60 images (according to their choice) from drop-down menu (regular drop-down menu with the list of file names and preview).

They also has an option not to select any image. In this case the frame should be supressed.

How can I do this?

TIA

Mike,

You don't actually have to suppress the frame, in fact you can't. You have 2 options:

1) Create a, EPS image the size of the frame, with a fill and stroke of None - essentially making it "Blank". Rename the image "Leave Frame Empty" or what ever you find more appealing.

2) Make sure the Field's details have the first value in the Dropdown is blank.

In both cases if they choose the "Blank" image or leave the dropdown value blank no image will display.

Hope this helps.

Well, I really need this frame to be suppressed if no image selected - there is text frame on the lower layer with wrap around the images turned ON - so when image is not selected my client should have ability to place more text in approriate text frame...

You don't actually have to suppress the frame, in fact you can't.

Actually, I hate to contradict Rich here, but you absolutely can suppress the entire frame in FusionPro 6.0, and the text will flow as if it's not there. You just need to name the graphic frame and do this in a rule:

FindGraphicFrame("YourFrameName").suppress = true;

Actually, this solution was already suggested in your other thread:

http://forums.printable.com/showpost.php?p=2316&postcount=3

In that case create 2 text frames, same position, one with wrap on one with wrap off. Write a rule that states if an image is selected use the "wrap on" frame, if no image is selected use the "wrap off" frame.

If you suppress the frame with the code above, you don't need two separate text frames. Try it out!

Archived