FusionPro VDP 10.0 Now Available

Dan Korn

MarcomCentral® is proud to announce version 10.0 of the FusionPro® VDP Suite. This release includes both Mac and Windows releases of FusionPro VDP Creator as well as the Windows-based FusionPro VDP Producer and FusionPro VDP Server.

Enhancements:

• Custom Clipping Paths for Graphics
  • Multiline Record Support
  • Improved InDesign Export
  • Support for Excel in External Data Files
  • Built-in Ad Resizing Functions
  • Color QR Barcodes
  • Improved Support for Acrobat DC
  • Page Management On Variable Length Documents
  • Support for Mac OS 10.12 "Sierra".

FusionPro VDP 10.0.16 adds support for Acrobat DC 2017 and InDesign CC 2017, on both Windows and Mac.

FusionPro VDP 10.0.26 adds support for Acrobat DC 2018 and InDesign CC 2018, on both Windows and Mac, as well as support for macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).

Additional information about the FusionPro VDP 10.0 release, feature-set, and addressed issues can be found in the FusionPro VDP 10.0 release notes as well as the FusionPro VDP Software Version History page.

Upgrades and New Licenses

FusionPro VDP customers can download the 10.0 release from the FusionPro VDP Software Download page.

New licenses of FusionPro VDP Creator 10.0 are available for $999 per license. Upgrade and full new versions can be purchased from the FusionPro VDP Store. Users who own versions of FusionPro Desktop 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x may purchase FusionPro VDP Creator 9.x upgrade at the discounted price of $699. (Please note that once you upgrade your existing license the old license will no longer be active.)

Please note that pricing and upgrade eligibility may change at any time.

FusionPro VDP Producer/Server and MarcomCentral customers who are active on their maintenance are entitled to an upgrade of their FusionPro VDP software. FusionPro VDP Producer/Server customers can obtain their upgrades by contacting the FusionPro VDP Support team while MarcomCentral customers can contact their BRM to inquire about the upgrade.

MarcomCentral Support of FusionPro VDP Creator 10.0 Templates

FusionPro VDP 10 templates are supported in the MarcomCentral application.

Edited by Dan Korn
Added Sierra support

• 4 months later...

Dan,

This may be a topic for support but I want to at least start here to get the forum's opinion before I start yelling at support...

An associate of mine tried installing our 9.3 version of FusionPro on their system. She has the Creative Suite CC (2014) so I figured everyting would be fine. She uses the Acrobat Pro CC version that came with the Suite. It was not compatable and kept making Acrobat non-responsive and freeze up. She removed it and all is fine again.

I've tried to look through the forum, Marcom's site and other version histories for FusionPro but I only seem to find references to Acrobat "DC" and nothing about "CC". Even your version 10 release only references Acrobat DC. It just seems wierd to me that if FusionPro is "compatable" with CS 2014 Cloud Version then it should be compatable with the Acrobat version that come with it.

• 1 month later...
Dan,

This may be a topic for support but I want to at least start here to get the forum's opinion before I start yelling at support...

An associate of mine tried installing our 9.3 version of FusionPro on their system. She has the Creative Suite CC (2014) so I figured everyting would be fine. She uses the Acrobat Pro CC version that came with the Suite. It was not compatable and kept making Acrobat non-responsive and freeze up. She removed it and all is fine again.

I've tried to look through the forum, Marcom's site and other version histories for FusionPro but I only seem to find references to Acrobat "DC" and nothing about "CC". Even your version 10 release only references Acrobat DC. It just seems wierd to me that if FusionPro is "compatable" with CS 2014 Cloud Version then it should be compatable with the Acrobat version that come with it.

I do not have any knowledge of the existence of an "Acrobat CC". The latest version of Adobe Acrobat is Adobe Acrobat DC, which FusionPro VDP 9.3 and later support.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has there been any reports of version 10.0.3 software moving the image on a body page up a few pixels? I have composed the same files in API versions 9.3.36 and 10.0.3 and the images move up a few pixels in version 10.0.3 making PDF comparisons almost impossible. I sent a screen shot to support and have not heard anything back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Has there been any reports of version 10.0.3 software moving the image on a body page up a few pixels? I have composed the same files in API versions 9.3.36 and 10.0.3 and the images move up a few pixels in version 10.0.3 making PDF comparisons almost impossible. I sent a screen shot to support and have not heard anything back.

I haven't heard anything about that either. A picture is great, but a template which demonstrates the problem, as well as the output from both versions, would be better.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't heard anything about that either. A picture is great, but a template which demonstrates the problem, as well as the output from both versions, would be better.

I sent this problem to Alex and Doug over a year ago. I attached a screen shot of our current compositions in 9.3.36 and one from 10.0.3. The 10.0.3 is the PDF on top.

• 2 weeks later...
I sent this problem to Alex and Doug over a year ago. I attached a screen shot of our current compositions in 9.3.36 and one from 10.0.3. The 10.0.3 is the PDF on top.

Okay, well, we all get a lot of email, and we don't always know that any particular email corresponds to a forum thread. You could send it to Alex again, reference this thread, and explicitly ask him to forward it to me. Or better yet, make a new thread specific to the problem and reference that in your email.

Edited by Dan Korn

• 2 months later...