Proportional Lining - Keeping numbers on the same baseline

mstanton

Does FusionPro support OpenType font attributes? We have an InDesign template that uses "Proportional Lining" which makes all the numbers in that font line up on the same baseline as the letters, and makes them the same height as the capital letters. When I export this template with FusionPro, this proportional lining disappears and the numbers don't line up at all.

This is a very important client and having the numbers line up with the rest of the text is important to the design. How can I achieve this in FusionPro?

I've attached an image as an example of what I mean.

ProportionalLining.jpg.b752068200886bc7a1629b7faef3c533.jpg

We had a problem like this and wound up using a different font. If that's not an option, you might be forced to use a typography app to create a duplicate, customized version of the font. I had to use Fontographer once to customize just the dollar sign on an otherwise standard Folio font. On the plus side, you only need to edit the characters that are different...

• 4 weeks later...
I think FusionPro developers should take a look how to get the font import to FusionPro better. Many people compare there FusionPro PDF with Indesign and don't understand why FusionPro doesn't behave as Indesign. I know developers don't have access to the alghoritms from Indesign but maybe FusionPro alghoritms can be improved in some way and have a look at how the Indesign documents text is layouted.

Archived