Font loading under windows 7 x64

fastersuperman

Hi, I'm changing my machine for a machine that have windows 7 x64. I'm installing the system fonts correctly and then I load the font from the font loader in FP. For some reasons, certains fonts doesn't load at all. I took a look at the font.err file and the file says : "Unable to open registry to load PostScript fonts Continue with other fonts" and " Unable to load PostScript fonts from registry Continue with other fonts". I would like to know what can I do to solve this problem and get the font I needed to work. My "old system" was XP pro SP3, FP = 6.1P1m and Acrobat 8.0. The "new" is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. FP = FP = 6.1P1m and Accrobat 9.0

Thanks

Edit... The fonts are working perfectly on my "old" system

Hello,

This issue is specific to the Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 environments. FusionPro by default captures the font information directly

from the "C:\Windows\Font" location. In the new versions of these operating systems, the "User Access Control" prevents access to these resources. To correct this, go to the Control Panel, User Accounts. Locate your user credentials and disable "User Access Control" by sliding the bar to "Never Notify". You will be prompted to restart your system. After restarting, rerun FusionPro's "Load Fonts>>Load All". This action should correct this issue.

I finally found a solution for my problem. The font that i was trying to load in FP was an postscript type 1 format (.pfm and .pfb). The font is working good on the system, on word but, this format is no longer supported by Windows 7 as I've read over the internet. So, i converted the font to a True Type Format (.ttf) and everything is working good now. FP loaded the font correctly. I still get the error for postscript loading but now that the font is in True Type the loading is working.

Archived