Change leading on hard return.

mmorse

Hello - I need to have a rule that changes the leading between a hard return and a natural line break. If the text naturally falls to a second line, I need tighter leading, and on a hard return I need larger leading (or the original leading set in paragraph settings).

Here's where I'm at in terms of writing a rule.

Note:this rule also forces text to indent when text naturally breaks to second line. This functionality works fine I just need to tighten the leading.

Rule:

var indent = '';

var itemName = Field("contentOne");

return itemName.split("<p>"+"<magnify type=leading factor=50>").filter(String).map(function(s){return indent.toLowerCase() + s;}).join("</magnify>"+"<p>");

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello - I need to have a rule that changes the leading between a hard return and a natural line break. If the text naturally falls to a second line, I need tighter leading, and on a hard return I need larger leading (or the original leading set in paragraph settings).

Here's where I'm at in terms of writing a rule.

You don't need a rule to do this. Just set the "Space below" in the Paragraph Settings dialog, with the paragraph in question selected in the Text Editor.

Note:this rule also forces text to indent when text naturally breaks to second line. This functionality works fine I just need to tighten the leading.

You don't need a rule for this either. Just set the Left indent in the Paragraph Settings, and leave the First Line indent at zero.