Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:38 AM
Forum n00b

Unhappy Creating an 8 page form in FP imposer

I have a variable 16 pg saddle stitch book at 5.5"x8.5" size that I want to print as two 8 page forms on 13x19. Is there some sort of trick to accomplish this. It seems it will only give a 4 pg in the saddle stitch option. I tried support but they were not able to help me figure it out.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:46 AM
Regular Contributor

Default Re: Creating an 8 page form in FP imposer

I am unaware of a direct way to do this, but I have a roundabout way of accomplishing it. I work on a Mac and often use Imposition Studio from Devalipi Software, it can be purchased through Apple's App store. There, I can create an 8 pg signature exactly as needed. Then, I render the variable file twice, once for template pages 1-4 & 13-16, then for template pages 5-12. I can then flow these two pdfs separately into my 8 pg Imposition Studio template to generate the two separate imposed print runs. We then fold and stitch in our bindery. Not the best solution, but it works.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:48 AM
Fellsway
This message has been deleted by Fellsway.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:29 AM
Forum n00b

I probably should have been a little more specific, I need to figure out how to impose the file in fushion because I want to out a PPML file. I have to deal with 20 to 25 thousand records on the large run of this project which is a 16pg + cvr 5.5x 8.5 brochure. Saving out that many PDFs is not really a feasible option to then impose at the Press.
Thanks for your input though.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 09:04 AM
Junior Community Member

Couldn't you just manually Impose the 16 page file in Indesign or any other software as a saddle stitched book, on a 13x 19 sheet with crop marks. Then export that as a PDF which you will use to build your variables in FusionPro. Then compose the job as a PPML.

I'm sure there are better ways, but this should work for you.