Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Welcome > MarcomCentral News

Notices

Old June 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Default FusionPro 7.2 Now Available!

Hello everyone,

PTI has released version 7.2 of the FusionPro VDP Suite! This includes both Mac and Windows releases of FusionPro Desktop as well as the Windows-based FusionPro Direct and FusionPro Server.

New Features
The FusionPro 7.2 release includes a balance of new features and bug fixes. The new features are:
  • Adobe Acrobat 10 Support on Mac and Windows
  • Quark 8.5 Support on Mac and Windows
  • JDF Finishing support
  • PDF/VT Output Format
  • Overprint Colors Supported
  • QR Barcodes as graphics to allow scaling
  • JPEG Output

Additional information about the 7.2 release, feature-set, and addressed issues can be found in both the FusionPro 7.2 release notes as well as the FusionPro VDP Software Version History page.

Upgrades and New Licenses
FusionPro customers can download the 7.2 release from the FusionPro VDP Software Download page.

New licenses of FusionPro Desktop 7.2 are available for $799 per license. Upgrade and full new versions can be purchased from the FusionPro Desktop Store. Please note that pricing and upgrade eligibility may change at any time.

Free FusionPro Desktop 7.2 upgrades are currently available for all FusionPro Desktop 7.0 and 7.1 customers. FusionPro Desktop 5.x and 6.x customers can upgrade to FusionPro Desktop 7.2 at a discounted price of $499 per license.

FusionPro Direct/Server and MarcomCentral customers who are active on their maintenance are entitled to an upgrade of their FusionPro VDP software. FusionPro Direct/Server customers can obtain their upgrades by contacting the FusionPro VDP Support team while MarcomCentral customers can contact their CPM to inquire about the upgrade.

MarcomCentral Support of FusionPro Desktop 7.2 Templates
PTI has completed testing of the FusionPro 7.2 template format and it is currently compatible with MarcomCentral.

Enjoy the new release and please let our team know if you have any questions. Thanks all!
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Regular Contributor

Default Re: FusionPro 7.2 Now Available!

FusionPro 7.2P1d (Windows) does not work with InDesign CS 5.5 - after latest InDesign update to ver. 7.5.1
Unfortunately Adobe fixed internal bug of InDesign and result is -- almost all plugins for CS5 does not work with CS5.5 (after update)
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVM View Post
FusionPro 7.2P1d (Windows) does not work with InDesign CS 5.5 - after latest InDesign update to ver. 7.5.1
Unfortunately Adobe fixed internal bug of InDesign and result is -- almost all plugins for CS5 does not work with CS5.5 (after update)
The FusionPro 7.2P1k release supports the latest version of InDesign CS 5.5 on both Windows and Mac.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Regular Contributor

Thank you for good news, Dan!
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Sr. Graphics Engineer

The new FusionPro 7.2P1k release can be downloaded now. Please uninstall your current version before installing the new version. Details on how to only install the plug-in for InDesign CS5.5 are also listed on the site.

Details on enhancements and bug fixes in this release are as follows and detailed here.

Enhancements:
  • Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Support on Mac and Windows
  • Enhanced JDF support

Issues Addressed:
  • Postscript output option to duplex using a PPD file is not handled properly (FP-11574)
  • On Mac, JDF submission of a job with a space in the output file path is not handled properly (FP-11623)
  • 'Change phone format' rule is not included in Mac installation (FP-11599)
  • Composition does not properly handle parsing tags with empty attribute values (FP-11579)
  • Certain jobs do not handle composing large amounts of records and text frames properly (FP-11578)
  • Changing finishing settings back-and-forth between JDF and a PPD causes Acrobat to stop working (FP-11576)
  • Non-English Windows installer has the incorrect text where FP Direct should be specified (FP-11604)
Old October 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Forum n00b

When is FusionPro 8 coming out? Not having Lion support is a problem with iCloud coming out.
Old October 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Regular Contributor

Hi Lauren,

I saw a different thread from about a month ago where you noted that the plugin wouldn't work with CS5.5.1 version. Will this new 7.2k version work for 5.5.1?

thanks,
kim
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonps View Post
When is FusionPro 8 coming out? Not having Lion support is a problem with iCloud coming out.
We don't have a release date yet, but we're targeting November. Sorry for the inconvenience. Keeping up with Apple is challenging.
LinkedIn

Old October 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I saw a different thread from about a month ago where you noted that the plugin wouldn't work with CS5.5.1 version. Will this new 7.2k version work for 5.5.1?
Yes, FusionPro 7.2P1k is fully compatible with all existing versions of InDesign CS 5.5.
LinkedIn

Old November 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Forum n00b

When will you have an update to Fusion Pro that works in OS 10.7 Lion?