6x9 post card, need to be 2-up after imposing data, PLEASE HELP!!

methogod

Before the Fusion Pro, I would just make a PDF with my post cards, 2 backs, then 2 fronts. so i would have a 4 page pdf, then i would use quite imposing to then make the 6.2x9.2 post card 2up on 12x18 paper, resulting is perfectly registered postcards. Then i would use my ink jetter and run them after they were cut.

I like the idea of digital imposing the customer data. I was told to do everything 1 up to start. so i did that but then to insert the static page 2times every 2 pages, i cant figure out a way to do it but manually, even on this smaller job (5K post cards) it would take forever.

So i am trying to do it the way i did it before, create a 4 page pdf, and make fusion desktop place record 1 on the first card, and record 2 on the second card. But they are both showing record 1, cant find a command, like in WORD, next record. I know this can be done.

I wont have my support or 7.0 until Tuesday - yet have a few jobs that are like this and would love any help. I don't mind posting the data and the pdfs...

any one looking to tutor me, I would really appreciate it. I am always around - and would take care of whom every helped me out, if this is allow...if not then its a mitzvah.

thanks

m-scudder@comcast.net

methogod,

When someone tells you to program a template 1-up they mean only one card. The reason that you are showing duplicate records in your output is because FusionPro is doing two cards at a time - because you have 4 pages: 2 front and 2 back. Remove 1 front and 1 back page, resave your template and then try to re-compile your job. You will get the results you are looking for.

BTW - they is no "next record" in FusionPro like there is in Word. There is a way to get around it and process a number of records and place them on a sheet before you create an output pdf page, but that entails quite a bit of programming and some extra rules (including 1 callback rule).

I've found that programming 1-up records is the easiest though.

Good Luck...

I read another post and just split my data. So when i compiled it was for body's 1-4, 2 static, 2 variable. I know this is not the way to do it, but i need this done.

Do in my data i split the data down the middle,

and made it like this...

name, address, city, state, zip, plus4, barcode, mailsort, name2, address2, city2, and so on...

so when they are cut they just need to keep them in order. Its only 5K post cards, so its not bad. After compiling, i still needed to 2up them using quite imposing. For 600 bucks the software should be more user friendly. I do just about every job 2 up on 12x18 paper, even 8.5x11 so that it costs less.

My color volume is way up so i want to get the most of my money, even with my fiery and trying it both way PS and pdf, they both take forever to print and a file after 2up ing the pages, was 4965 pages, 2 post cards on each, the fiery seems to only be able to handle jobs under 2gb - so i was forced to send them in groups of 500 (250 pages duplexed).

My fiery docent support PPML so i am waiting to get a larger more production level printer.

thanks for the ideas, but i don't see how i can end up with my final order doing it 1up. unless there is a pdf insert software out there that will let me insert 2 static pages every 2 variable pages. so i don't have to let the fusion desktop do the work.

any help is apreaciated...

not sure what you are after, but FPImposer can do what you are looking for very simply. I have attached a file. Your output will be a 6x9 with .1" bleed on 4 sides with a .2" gutter. Normally, we run .125 and .25 respectively, but if you have something already set up with .1 and .2 who am I to argue?

imp_6x9.fpi

• 1 year later...
methogod,

When someone tells you to program a template 1-up they mean only one card. The reason that you are showing duplicate records in your output is because FusionPro is doing two cards at a time - because you have 4 pages: 2 front and 2 back. Remove 1 front and 1 back page, resave your template and then try to re-compile your job. You will get the results you are looking for.

BTW - they is no "next record" in FusionPro like there is in Word. There is a way to get around it and process a number of records and place them on a sheet before you create an output pdf page, but that entails quite a bit of programming and some extra rules (including 1 callback rule).

I've found that programming 1-up records is the easiest though.

Good Luck...

I've spent the past hour searching for something to do this... It would be nice if this could be a future feature... makes it easier when we have imposed documents with plugs/gutters.:(

Archived