Fonts, again!!

graphikal

Sorry - I've searched and can't find a solution that is appropriate.

We were having font problems with FP Desktop v7.xx. Thinking it was the older version, upgraded to Creator 9.3, still having same problems.

Standard TrueType fonts loaded in the system are not rendering properly, either in the preview, or in the final composition. Right now, struggling with Cambria, which I believe is a basic Windows system font. It states:

Font <Cambria> normal style is not loaded, using italic style of this font family.

It is loaded. We've deleted and re-loaded with the font set from another system, in the event it was corrupt. The font works fine in other applications. We've reloaded all fonts through the menu while in Acrobat.

As a side note, when I try to use the FontLoader.exe in the PTI folder, it quickly flashes up on the screen and then instantly disappears. So that is no help. Coincidence? Impossible to work like this and getting frustrating.

Can anyone offer help or suggestion? As usual, under tight deadlines, and this has been happening quite frequently.

Windows 7 Pro

Acrobat 10 Pro

VDP Creator 9.3.21

Thank you

Sorry - I've searched and can't find a solution that is appropriate.

Where have you searched? This forum is not the appropriate place to diagnose font problems, as everyone has different fonts, and the fonts themselves generally are not licensed for posting on a public forum such as this. You need to work with Support. That said, I'll try to help steer you in the right direction.

I can help a bit more if you post your fonts.ini and fonts.err files. Those are located in the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro" on Windows 7.

We were having font problems with FP Desktop v7.xx. Thinking it was the older version, upgraded to Creator 9.3, still having same problems.

Did you work with Support for the problems in the older version?

Standard TrueType fonts loaded in the system are not rendering properly, either in the preview, or in the final composition.

Can you be more specific about exactly how it's not rendering properly? A picture may be worth a thousand words here.

Right now, struggling with Cambria, which I believe is a basic Windows system font. It states:

Font <Cambria> normal style is not loaded, using italic style of this font family.

Well, that doesn't necessarily mean that the font was not loaded at all. It just means that not every style was loaded. Sometimes, that message isn't really relevant at all, depending on the order of your markup tags.

It is loaded. We've deleted and re-loaded with the font set from another system, in the event it was corrupt. The font works fine in other applications. We've reloaded all fonts through the menu while in Acrobat.

Have you tried FusionPro on that other system?

As a side note, when I try to use the FontLoader.exe in the PTI folder, it quickly flashes up on the screen and then instantly disappears. So that is no help. Coincidence? Impossible to work like this and getting frustrating.

Who told you to try to double-click on FontLoader.exe? That's a command-line utility. If you run it from the Command Prompt, it will report the parameters that it requires thusly:

Usage: fontloader /{new|all} [/s]

You can go ahead and run it with either of those parameters ("new" or "all") from the Command Prompt if you want, but it's going to do exactly the same thing as loading fonts from the menu in Acrobat or from the FusionPro Configuration utility.

Can anyone offer help or suggestion? As usual, under tight deadlines, and this has been happening quite frequently.

Again, I'm not sure how anyone on this user-to-user forum can help. You really need to go through Support.

Windows 7 Pro

Acrobat 10 Pro

VDP Creator 9.3.21

Thank you

Thanks for the info. That's a start. But there still isn't nearly enough information in your post for anyone to be able to analyze the problem. Having the fonts.ini and fonts.err files might help, but ultimately, Support may need you to FTP the font files, or even do a GoToMeeting to examine your computer.