Multiple templates in one

Naval

Hi all, I have a business card project to upload to EFI Digital Storefront which has multiple possible second sides to it. Couple of reverse sides are static but couple of it is VDP where user inputs data. This there a way i can combine these into one template? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Naval

Hi all, I have a business card project to upload to EFI Digital Storefront which has multiple possible second sides to it. Couple of reverse sides are static but couple of it is VDP where user inputs data. This there a way i can combine these into one template?

Yes. Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=575

Yes, in addition to turning pages on and off with the FusionPro.Composition.SetPageUsage function, in FusionPro VDP 10, with a Server or Producer license, you can also add, move and resize text and graphic frames, and resize pages. This will work for compositions submitted to EFI DSF, since it uses FusionPro VDP Server. So you basically have an unlimited ability to make the layout variable, and have one job output some records which are completely different that others.

Hi Dan, I only have FP 9.3.9 creator license. I have attached a PDF can you please have a look and advice what would be the best possible way of doing this. It has options of 2 backs on the business card and both need VDP fields.

Thank you in advance

Looking forward to hear from you.

Naval

BC-Template.pdf

Hi Dan, I only have FP 9.3.9 creator license. I have attached a PDF can you please have a look and advice what would be the best possible way of doing this. It has options of 2 backs on the business card and both need VDP fields.

You have several options, two of which have all been previously described in this thread:

1. Create and name different Body pages in the FusionPro VDP template for each version of the "back" page, and call FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage for each one, with each page's name and true or false as appropriate for the record, in OnRecordStart (as described in more detail in the thread which David linked to, and in many other threads here on the forum.)

2. Name the frames on the back page, then call the FindTextFrame function, and set the x and y properties of the returned frame object as appropriate, in OnRecordStart. This will work when you compose the job in DSF, which uses FusionPro Server for composition, though it won't work if you compose locally in Acrobat on your machine.

Although, based on the PDF you uploaded, it looks like the only difference between the two versions of the back page is that one has an extra frame. So you could simply name that frame, and then in OnRecordStart call the FindTextFrame function and set the suppress property on the returned object to true for the records where you don't want it to show up. For example:

// in OnRecordStart
if (<some condition to hide the frame>)
 FindTextFrame("Phone Numbers").suppress = false;

Or, you could simply set up a Formatted Text Resource which contains everything that you want to go into that frame, and then make a regular Text rule which either returns that resource or nothing, and use that rule in the frame.

There may be other ways to accomplish this as well. It's hard to make more specific suggestions without seeing the data though.