Compose Multiple Output of non-fixed quantities

S_Black

I am guessing that the Server is the only solution for me, but I would like to inquire in case there is an additional option. I have been working with the VDP Creator for about a month.

I currently have a single file with multiple markets, and each market needs to be it's own composition. I have seen questions answered that allow for Batch processing with Server that can bring in multiple inputs, and automate the composition. This will work, but what I would really like is to take a single data source and output multiple files based on a field.

For example I have a data file of 36,000. Within the file I have 67 different markets.

Market 1: 466 records

Market 2: 277 records

etc.

Is there a way to control the output files based on a field in the data source?

Output-Market1.pdf

Output-Market2.pdf

etc.

Sure you can do that from one data file. It's hard to give you examples specific to you without any knowledge of what your data looks like and what the contents of the field you're triggering off of are. At the very least, it would be helpful to know what version of FP you're running.

Generally speaking, if you have a field named "Market" that you're triggering off of and the contents of that field are the market that the specific record corresponds with, you could write an OnRecordStart callback rule that creates a new output file whenever that field changes (assuming you're running FP8 or later):

if (FieldChanged("Market"))
   FusionPro.Composition.OpenNewOutputFile("Output-" + Field("Market") + "." + FusionPro.Composition.outputFormatExtension);

Here are a couple of related threads that may help you:

Output Multiple Records Based on Data

Name Output Based on Data Field

Dynamic Chunking Based on Rule

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon.

I need to do exactly what the original posted asked however, when I go to my output its only a one record PDF titled as the last record field name I designated in the rule. I have a data file 496,101 records with 104 different "chunks" so in theory I should have 104 different pdfs all with different quantities and titled with corresponding "chunk" name.

Im thinking it maybe a glitch or something, but I figured I would ask here before I head to support.

I need to do exactly what the original posted asked however, when I go to my output its only a one record PDF titled as the last record field name I designated in the rule. I have a data file 496,101 records with 104 different "chunks" so in theory I should have 104 different pdfs all with different quantities and titled with corresponding "chunk" name.

Are you sure that only one output file is being produced? What does the log file say? When you say you "go to [your] output," what exactly are you doing?

Also, how are you composing? Are you composing locally in Desktop (Acrobat), or are you composing through Producer?

Are you sure that only one output file is being produced? What does the log file say? When you say you "go to [your] output," what exactly are you doing?

Also, how are you composing? Are you composing locally in Desktop (Acrobat), or are you composing through Producer?

I am using the producer, but I see what you are saying. I am getting an error message that the other files cannot being copied over to the FusionPro_Output folder. However when I go to the FusionPro_Working folder they are all there.

Not sure how to fix the error at this moment, and that is a task for another day. But thank you.