Moving the Slugline

ANRO Printing

I'm using FPImposer 5.1.13 and the info line is getting printed on the bottom of the imposed sheet within the last .25" of the page.

Is there anyway to change where the info line is printed? Can I move it to a specific location. All that I can find is that it is either on or off.

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

The Imposition slug line is currently in a fixed position on the sheet. However, we have discussed allowing users more control over elements on the sheet, including the slug line, so we will take a look at this for an enhancement.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I hope it is fixed in the future.

Is there any way that I can put static text elsewhere on the imposition?

The only control you have is via the marks offset in the imposition tab when outputting.. If you specify a 36 point offset, it will land 36 points from the bottom left.

HTH

Mark

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has the slug line situation been enhanced yet? This is becoming a huge problem for us. For example...we have a job that is scratch off prize cards. We print the variable data, which are the prizes, and than the printed sheets get sent to our vendor for the scratch off coating. It is extremely important to keep these prizes in the correct order because only a certain amount of each prize can be shipped to each location. When the sheets come back to us for cutting, perfing and shipping, we can not see the prizes or which cards are which. An easy solution to this would be to have an info slug that says which sheets have which prizes, but of course the info slug will not print. I think this is a very important adjustment that Printable should enhance quickly, especially since there are other softwares out there that do have this feature. I am open to any thoughts or suggestions, but when giving workarounds, please remember we are dealing with a large quantity (40,000 and up) and time is very valuable on the production end of things. Thanks.

Hello,

The slug-line is in a fixed position at this time but we are looking to enhance this in a future release as well as provide some additional controls over which data can be placed on the imposed sheet in general.

One quick solution is to place the data you want on the sheet in an area that is outside the crop region (so, in the bleed area) of each piece on the imposed sheet. This can be accomplished by creating a variable text frame on your template that extends off of the page.

I've attached a graphic that shows this in action. This should allow you to put any variable information on the sheet so it travels with the job but that will be cut in finishing - just like a repositioned slug line would allow for.

Hope this helps.

http://forums.printable.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=19

Thanks for the tip Mark! This will work fine for some jobs if I have room to spare for the large gutters, but more than likely I do not have that much room. For example, if I have to impose an 8up 4x6 on a 12.5x18.5 sheet, there is no wiggle room for an individual slug. Unfortunately we do not have the luxury to fit only 4up or 6up so that the slug line will fit. We have to fit up as many as we can to fill up the whole sheet. Hopefully this enhancement will come out very soon. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Archived