Replacing both pages of a document based on a database field

Shuman

I have a single mail file with four 2 sided PDF Postcards. I need both sides of the file to change based on a filed in the CSV.

If Field = Bel Aire then the Bel Aire.PDF file is used for both sides of the document. How would I do that in Fusion? I've done single sided changes with image swapping but, not a two sided document.

Thanks

Presumably you have a graphic frame at the back of each of the two pages of your template (sides of the postcards), and a graphic rule for the front page frame which looks something like this:

return CreateResource(Field("YourCSVFieldNameHere"));

Where the field value is the name of a graphic file.

So you need to modify that rule slightly to get the second page of the graphic, something like this:

var r = CreateResource(Field("YourCSVFieldNameHere"));
r.pagenumber = 2;
return r; 

Thanks Dan!

We did this once before with a letter and I Created a blank PDF with an image box and swapped the background as needed but, that was a single sided document. We are coming from PrintShop Mail so, everything is a different workflow with Fusion. Overall it's going well though.

We did this once before with a letter and I Created a blank PDF with an image box and swapped the background as needed but, that was a single sided document. We are coming from PrintShop Mail so, everything is a different workflow with Fusion. Overall it's going well though.

Glad to hear it. Any other comments you have regarding how FusionPro works compared to other products are welcome, as they can help us improve it.