multiple page pdf resource

kopytekinc

Currently I have a project that has some 1 page but several 2 page pdfs. What i need to do, is be able to return those that have 2 pages, with those 2 pages and with 1, 1 page. After searching the forums for assistance as well as digging into the manual for what I would think as a graphic overflow scenario I found little/nothing to help. Currently I set my main page, and then created a 2nd page for Overflow, I am just not sure how you setup overflow for multiple page pdf's or if it is done a different way.

Thanks for any help in advance

Thanks for the link Dan. I am attempting to make it work for what I am doing but my situation is a bit different in that I dont have my documents in the data, nor can I. Basically I have a single field that has codes. Each code goes to pdfs. Many codes could go to the same pdf. So basically the entire for loop that is used doesnt really fit my situation. But the insertion of the multi page pdf would. Not sure where to go though without having the file names built into the pdf. Basically if all of these were 1 page, I would use a switch to define these.

Thanks for the link Dan. I am attempting to make it work for what I am doing but my situation is a bit different in that I dont have my documents in the data, nor can I. Basically I have a single field that has codes. Each code goes to pdfs. Many codes could go to the same pdf. So basically the entire for loop that is used doesnt really fit my situation. But the insertion of the multi page pdf would. Not sure where to go though without having the file names built into the pdf. Basically if all of these were 1 page, I would use a switch to define these.

I'm not sure exactly what to do either. If you post the job, and an example or detailed explanation of what you want the output to be, then it might be easier for me, or someone else, to offer more specific suggestions.

I will attach the actual job to this. I had started a switch rule initially for the back, until I was alerted we had multiple page pdfs involved. At this point I was stuck.

Basically what I have, is the front page has a standard letterhead background with a letter imposed on the front. The back of the letter will either be a single sheet pdf, or blank with a 2 page insert dependent on the page length of the pdf.

Forbearance Letter.zip

Played with your setup alittle and didn't have to change much (see attached):

Kept your graphic Switch rule but added some code at the bottom to return 'bg' after counting pages in the PDF selected by the Switch.

You now have a Graphic rule for handling 1 page PDFs and another for handling 2 page PDFs. Note Backer2 page is set to 'unused' and will come on only when 2 pages are detected in the PDF.

Hope this helps

Steve

VATTEROTT_Forbearance Letter.pdf

Archived