Locating Macintosh fonts...Hanging

werdna9

I recently updated to the current Version of Fusionpro VDP 10.0.26 now when I need to load a font for a project I am hanging on the Font Load status dialog with it hanging at Locating Macintosh Fonts. I am using Extensis Suitcase Fusion 8 to manage my fonts my Mac.

I have tried everything I can think of and have reloaded FP several times. sometimes I could get it to load fonts then it will hang when I do the next needed font.

Currently, since it has hung I have no fonts loaded in Fusionpro so I am completely down.

Please tell me what I can provide for you next?

OK I'll note that. Thank You Dan.

I did find out that Yesterday While I was at lunch. the building had 3 power drops and spikes which is always bad.

After writing my first message and discovering the power issue I went and performed maintenance on the system I'll see if that is better.

If not I don't know how I can get Fusionpro past the hanging Loading Macintosh Fonts screen.

OK I'll note that. Thank You Dan.

I did find out that Yesterday While I was at lunch. the building had 3 power drops and spikes which is always bad.

After writing my first message and discovering the power issue I went and performed maintenance on the system I'll see if that is better.

If not I don't know how I can get Fusionpro past the hanging Loading Macintosh Fonts screen.

It's almost impossible to diagnose font problems in the context of this forum, which is why my signature suggests contacting Support.

But like I said, if you restart the machine before loading fonts, that will probably work. Or, instead of restarting, you can clear the font cache with these instructions:

http://forums.pti.com/showpost.php?p=17699&postcount=2

Those workarounds have helped other users with Suitcase in the past.

Another possibility is that the new font you're trying to use is corrupted or is somehow doing something that FusionPro is not expecting, in which case you could try just removing that font and trying again.

But the bottom line is that your best bet to solve this is to go through Support.

After seeing Dan's post about third party font apps in a different post a while ago, I can tell you that since using Mac's Font Book for my fonts, I've had much better luck with fonts and Fusion Pro. Just thought you might like to hear it from someone in the trenches.