multiple date formats

apalmer

Hi all, I have one field for a date that is normally chosen by the calendar function and it displays in the "ld, lm d, yyyy". Now I need to add another option if they have multiple dates, but the format would turn into lm d, d and d, yyyy or lm d and d, yyyy. Can someone help me with a javascript rule to do this?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do. But in general, you use the FormatDate function to format dates. Examples can be found by searching for FormatDate either in the FusionPro Rules Guide or in this forum. if you can you provide a few examples of the input data and corresponding desired output, I might be able to offer more specific suggestions.

So when one date is selected on the calendar I need it to populate like this "Friday, May 6, 2011" but if they select that they have multiple dates, I need it to populate like this "May 6 and 7, 2011" or "May 5, 6 and 7, 2011". I can't figure out how to make that work. I don't know if I need 2 different fields or just rules to populate one field correctly. I'm at a loss. :confused:

Interesting. So you have multiple input data fields in your input file, each of which contains a date specification entered by the user via some kind of calender control GUI? Where is this calendar control, and what does the data itself look like?

Archived