IMB template

ThePorge

I'm using the XML templated supplied with FusionPro to create a barcode from the 31 length string of numbers created by our mail software. When I preview this it looks fine, but upon output I'm getting a string of numbers.

Also, while looking on the User Forum I noticed that this rule expects a string with a length of 20 characters and reports the warning for any other length. The thread also noted that the barcode is still correct with the 31 Characters. Is that correct?

I'm using the XML templated supplied with FusionPro to create a barcode from the 31 length string of numbers created by our mail software. When I preview this it looks fine, but upon output I'm getting a string of numbers.

Not sure why that would be. How are you viewing/rendering the output? Do you have fonts embedded?

Also, while looking on the User Forum I noticed that this rule expects a string with a length of 20 characters and reports the warning for any other length. The thread also noted that the barcode is still correct with the 31 Characters. Is that correct?

What thread would that be?

The XML rule was written based on the idea of having separate tracking and routing codes, where the tracking code is 20 digits, and the routing code is 0, 5, 9, or 11 digits, per this spec:

https://www.barcodefaq.com/usps-postal/intelligent-mail/#Generating_Formatting

If you have a 31-digit string, then the first 20 characters are the tracking code, and the last 11 are the routing code. You can use this rule with that data:

var IMB_data = Field("Your IMB Data Field Name Here");
return MakeIntelligentMailBarcode(Left(IMB_data, 20), Mid(IMB_data, 21, 100);