Insert graphic on overflow page if last page

rjohns

I'm working on a project and I need some help. Basically, I want to insert a logo and text on the last page of a document. Here's more specific info:

File Setup:

Page 1 - body; cover

Page 2 - body; first inside page

Page 3 - overflow

I'm inserting a 3 page PDF starting on page 2, so I'll end up with a 4 page document after composition. With this setup, pages 3 and 4 of the final composed document are generated from page 3 of the Acrobat file.

I need to place a graphic and some text on page 4 of the composed document (the last page). I've approached it thinking: "If the current page is page 4, insert this text."

After reading through a lot of threads, I couldn't find anything that really addressed what I'm trying to achieve. I tried adapting some of it, but didn't have much luck. I've tried using the following to insert the text:

if (FusionPro.Composition.currentPageNumber == 4)
   return "1.1416.000000";
   else return "";

But that didn't work. The text showed up on both overflow pages (pages 3 and 4). I also tried a variation like this:

if (FusionPro.Composition.currentPageNumber == FusionPro.Composition.totalPages)
   return "1.1416.000000";
   else return "";

And I got the same result.

I must be missing something ... But what? Any help is greatly appreciated – thanks!

If you know that the PDF you're inserting is always going to have a set number of pages, then you don't need to use an Overflow page. Instead, you can simply use a series of Body pages with Graphic frames for the inserted PDF. Then you can just put down whatever you want on the last Body page.

Becka, I think checking the "Re-evaluate this rule for every text flow" in your rule editor should give you the results you're looking for.

That being said, I think Dan is right (per usual) in saying that if you know the page count is always going to be 4, you might as well have 4 body pages. You've already got a 3 page document – what's one more?

But if you set it up as an overflow page in anticipation of using the same template for importing PDFs that may include more than 3 pages, you could leave what you have and add another body page to the end making your template look like:

Page 1 - body; cover

Page 2 - body; first inside page

Page 3 - overflow

Page 4 - body; last page of the PDF you overflowed.

Then your overflow rule would be something like:

var pdf = CreateResource('/path/to/Your.pdf','graphic');
var result = [];
for (var i=1; i<pdf.countPages; i++){
   pdf.pagenumber = i;
   result.push(pdf.content);
}
return result.join('<p>');

And on your 4th page, you'd have a graphic frame to return the last page of the PDF and whatever else you want on the page. Like this:

var pdf = CreateResource('/path/to/Your.pdf','graphic');
pdf.pagenumber = pdf.countPages;
return pdf;

Edited by step
misspelled Becka

• 2 weeks later...