Inline Graphic alignment

buggy

Hello,

I new to Fusion Pro and I'm working on a Template setup to display like this:

"Company Logo" + "Company Name" + "Company Address" - centered on a business card

I'm trying to align the inline graphic "Company Logo" to 'center' on the line of copy with no success.

Can anyone aid me in this?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like the graphic to center vertically... so that it centers on the text line.

Here is what I currently have but the inline graphic is not centered vertically. It sits on the baseline of the text. Any advice to accomplish this would be appreciated. Thanks!

return '<graphic file="agency_logo.tif" width="450" height="450">' + " Agency | ".toUpperCase() + Field("Address1").toUpperCase() + " " + Field("Address2").toUpperCase() + " " + Field("City").toUpperCase() + " " + Field("State").toUpperCase() + " " + Field("Zip").toUpperCase()

;

Inline graphics sit on the baseline of the text, by definition. That's what "inline" means. The graphic is typeset as if it were another text character (glyph).

That said, what might work is to offset the text from the baseline, by superscripting it. You can simply select the text in the Variable Text Editor and then click the "sup" button. If you need to adjust how much the text is offset from the baseline, or how much the size is modified, then you can go back into the Variable Text Editor, click "Paragraph", and then "Global Settings", and modify the Superscript settings there. (If you have other text in the job which is superscripted which you don't want to change, then it's possible to adjust the superscript ratio and offset on a per-paragraph basis with tags as well.)

EDIT: Sorry, I missed that you were setting all the text in a rule, not in the Variable Text Editor. You can accomplish the superscripting with tags in the rule, like so:

return '<graphic file="agency_logo.tif" width="450" height="450">[color=Olive]<superscript>[/color]'  +
" Agency | ".toUpperCase() + Field("Address1").toUpperCase() + " " +  Field("Address2").toUpperCase() +
" " + Field("City").toUpperCase() + " "  + Field("State").toUpperCase() + " " + Field("Zip").toUpperCase() +
'</superscript>';

You can still modify the Superscript offset and ratio, if needed, in the Paragraph Globals dialog from any text frame.

Edited by Dan Korn
Clarify use of Paragraph Globals with superscript tags

• 1 year later...

Hello there, I am quite new to FP so I hope you could help me with this:

I'm setting up a brochure which will have payment options (visa/MC/AMEX, etc…) as a ctrl+click pick list, now each option has its own graphic which must be inserted according to what they have chosen, I thought of using inline graphic but have no idea as to the approach I should take, any info will be much appreciated.

Hello there, I am quite new to FP so I hope you could help me with this:

I'm setting up a brochure which will have payment options (visa/MC/AMEX, etc…) as a ctrl+click pick list, now each option has its own graphic which must be inserted according to what they have chosen, I thought of using inline graphic but have no idea as to the approach I should take, any info will be much appreciated.

Hi Pablo. Please start a new thread for a new question. Thanks.