Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old August 6th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Junior Community Member

Default FP Imposer - Multiple Pages One Sheet

I have a 2 page 8.5 x 11 PDF and when I compose with a simple 2up imposition I get a 11 x 17 with Record 1 on the left and Record 2 on the right. Is there a way to get Record 1 Page 1 on the left and Record 1 Page 2 on the right? All on the same side? FP Imposer it seems to be record driven and each page creates a new page. Is there a way to make it page driven and when it runs out of pages it goes to the next record?

Is FP Imposer the answer or is there something I can create in FusionPro using Javascript?

Last edited by Sdawson; August 6th, 2014 at 06:35 AM..
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: FP Imposer

Do you have an example of what you are trying to accomplish? Are all records two pages or does the page count vary?

MAC OS 10.14.6 Acrobat DC FP Creator 12.0.1
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Junior Community Member

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2pageFile.zip (7.94 MB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf TryingToAccomplish.pdf (326.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf CurrentOutput.pdf (33.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Sdawson; August 6th, 2014 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: added CurrentOutput.pdf
Old August 6th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Senior Contributor

So are all records going to be two pages?

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Junior Community Member

Yes, all records will be two pages.
Old August 6th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Well what I was going to try won't work anyway. Why not just have your FP template be 17X11 and place your two 8.5 X 11 pages side by side since they are all two pages?

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Junior Community Member

That is my current process. I am wondering if there is another way to do it using FP Imposer. I would like to take the 2 page PDF I receive from the client, then connect to the data, import my variable fields, and grab my imposition file then compose. Instead of receiving a file from the client and making it into a 17x11. I currently make page 1 and page 2 a resource and just add them to my 17x11 template.

Thank you for your help dreimer.
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I am trying to do something similar and thought Fusion Pro could do it. I have a 30 page PDF of one-ups that is ready to go and I just want to impose it to 15 per imposed sheet and I can't seem to do it.

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Since your document is 2 pages it wants to impose these as a collated set. You can get around this by repeating each record twice (once for each page) and turning off the 2nd page the first time and the 1st page the second time. To do this you'll just need to add this to an OnRecordStart callback rule:
Code:
FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 2;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(1, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(2, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 2);
Mac OS X 10.12

LinkedIn
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Step, I tried your rule for my scenario since no one else has responded to what I was trying. So my code looks like this to get my 26 page PDF imposed using my imposition file.

Code:
FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 26;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(1, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(2, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 2);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(3, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 3);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(4, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 4);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(5, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 5);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(6, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 6);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(7, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 7);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(8, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 8);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(9, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 9);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(10, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 10);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(11, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 11);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(12, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 12);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(13, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 13);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(14, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 14);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(15, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 15);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(16, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 16);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(17, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 17);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(18, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 18);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(19, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 19);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(20, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 20);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(21, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 21);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(22, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 22);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(23, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 23);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(24, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 24);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(25, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 25);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(26, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 26);
Anyone know if there is a way to write a loop for each page in the PDF template instead of having to add a line in the rule for each page? TIA