Press file different from proof

knorris

I have a file that needs to be double sided for press (it's a sign with an arrow that prints back to back so you have 2 files with the arrows inverted).

The customer proof only needs to show the arrow facing one way or I'm going to get 342 phone calls a day saying.. 'is this 2 signs or one'. And then our CSR's are going to kill me and have to learn to create stores on their own :)

The press file needs to have both pages. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Is this for a MarcomCentral store? If so, please see this thread:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=1227

If not, you'll need to supply a data field or something which you can switch off of to control the output pages.

In either case, you can use the FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage function in the OnRecordStart callback rule to turn off the second page for proof compositions. Something like this:

// OnRecordStart
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Page2", Field("CompositionType") == "press");

Or for MarcomCentral:

// OnRecordStart
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Page2", !FusionPro.Composition.JobOptions.isOnlinePreview);

For more information, please refer to the section titled, "How to switch body pages during composition" in the FusionPro Rules Guide.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Dan. I am not sure how to name my pages in the document (this is exported from INDD). When I compose in Acrobat I get an error that page 2 does not exist. I can add that in the data file but I'm not sure how to apply it since the background is static.

Thanks Dan. I am not sure how to name my pages in the document (this is exported from INDD). When I compose in Acrobat I get an error that page 2 does not exist. I can add that in the data file but I'm not sure how to apply it since the background is static.

You can name your pages in the Page Usage dialog (from the Acrobat menu, FusionPro -> Manage Pages -> Page Usage). Please refer to the section titled, "Using Alternate Body Pages to Modify Layout" in the User Guide, and the section titled, "How to switch body pages during composition" in the Rules Guide.

Archived