I'm have trouble with SetBodyPageUsage

Leosmith

Hi,

Creating set of club passes for a sports season. There is a cover and 43 club passes two up. I am having trouble with setting the BodyPageUsage. I tried a couple things from the forum but placed the cover in the wrong location. I don't know the command to place before and not after. Uploaded example note: the FP stuff for barcode and event would have been better as array but couldn't figure that out either. Took a longer road.

Any help with how to pull a cover page would be appreciated.

Oops skip that...the cover has different perf so I need to do something else.

Edited by Leosmith
Change in requirements

Hi Ste,

The Club pass veritical and horizontal perfed and the cover is horizon perf.

The number of sets are 190 so I was thinking that worse case I run covers separately and hand merge because it is a static cover.

The stock is being pre-perfed so it would be in two bins.

It doesn't look like my output impo matches the perf layout.

Leo

MNW_ClubPass_Example.pdf

MNW_Perf.pdf

MNW_Perf_Cover.pdf

I would make them two separate files (cover and tickets) and manually sort them post-production.

Your current code in which you're adding 1 to your current record to get the content of the second ticket (on the right) is going to lead to issues. Specifically: you're ticket sheets will look like this:

RECORD 1 (current record) | RECORD 2 (current record + 1)

RECORD 2 (current record) | RECORD 3 (current record +1)

Making your template a 1up version of the ticket will save you a lot of headache and processing time and you can just impose it 2 up with FPImposer.

As a side note, you can combine rules "FirstBox_L1"-L4 to be:

var firstBox = [
   Field("Opponent"),
   Field("VS"),
   Field("Wild"),
   Field("Date"),
   Field("Time")
].filter(function(s,p,a){return a[0]?s:0;}).join('<br>');

return firstBox.replace(Field("Date") + '<br>' + Field("Time"), Field("Date") + ', ' + Field("Time"));

Thanks for alerting me to the record problem I have. It did do as you described. The client provided the 2-up format for the grainy leather look across the two tickets. With a 1up format both sides would be the same.

thanks for the code cleansing example.

Leo

The client provided the 2-up format for the grainy leather look across the two tickets. With a 1up format both sides would be the same.

Just split the client-supplied file in Photoshop and create a PDF to use for the left ticket's background and another for the right side.

Then, by placing a graphic frame over the entire ticket background, you can alternate the left and right backgrounds by applying this code to it:

var left = '/path/to/leftTicket.pdf';
var right = '/path/to/rightTicket.pdf';

return CreateResource([right,left][FusionPro.Composition.inputRecordNumber%2]);

When you impose the files, assuming you cropped them correctly in Photoshop, the background will be seamless.

Hi Ste,

Thanks again for your response. I was thinking about the imposition problem and the visual you provided. I sorted the data by odd - even and "fielded" the data 2up. It looks like output is correct. I was concerned I didn't have the skill to be able to place graphics properly. The prep department creates all the PDF work for me. I don't know much of anything about that either. Day 90 - having fun. Leo