Text Only!

fern

Yes I'm a novice, but I also a quick study, so right now all I need to do for my repeat clients is adding the variable data text only. The art is placed in either quarkXpess ore InDesign.

I'm also having issues importing the excel text (not using .xlsx), using the following: .csv, .xls and .txt, and all that imports are two out of 101 (and due to our deadline, I am creating master pages in QuarkXpress/InDesign, and coping and pasting, which is such a waste of time.

How can I import the TEXT ONLY in my file?

Yes I'm a novice, but I also a quick study, so right now all I need to do for my repeat clients is adding the variable data text only. The art is placed in either quarkXpess ore InDesign.

I'm also having issues importing the excel text (not using .xlsx), using the following: .csv, .xls and .txt, and all that imports are two out of 101 (and due to our deadline, I am creating master pages in QuarkXpress/InDesign, and coping and pasting, which is such a waste of time.

How can I import the TEXT ONLY in my file?

Sorry, I need some clarification to understand the question. What text do you mean exactly? Do you mean the text in your Quark or InDesign document? Or do you mean you want to copy text frames from one FusionPro PDF template to another?

Also, when you say, "all that imports are two out of 101," what do you mean? 101 what? Fields? Pages? Text frames? Dalmatians?

CLARIFICATION:

1. text from my excel file (.csv or .txt)

2. 101 customer fields/rows of data (names/address/city/state/zip)

3. only 2 customer names imported to my .pdf

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, though, even with that description, it's not a lot to go on.

Sorry for sounding dumb still, but what specifically do you mean when when you say you are "importing the excel text?" Are you using the Define Data Source Wizard in FusionPro?

Can you be more specific about exactly what steps you're taking, i.e. what you're clicking on? A picture may be worth a thousand words here.

It might also help to post the data file here, and possibly collect up the template into which you're trying to import it.

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but if you have an existing PDF template which you have exported from QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign, you can re-export over that same output file from Quark/InDesign, and FusionPro will merge the new static background art with the variable content already defined in FusionPro. (Back up the template first, though, just to be safe.)

1. it doesn't read my DELIMITER.

2. I've switched it to all other options

3. it gives me this message: Failed to open file </Volumes..............csv> OK:eek:

Again, help me out here. What "other options?" At least tell me what dialog you're talking about. Either the title of the dialog, or a screenshot, would be very illuminating.