Snow Leopard Support

mhilger

[This original post was made in September of 2009. Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard, is now supported in FusionPro Desktop]

Hello everyone,

For those considering upgrading to the new Mac OS X 10.6 - aka Snow Leopard - please be aware that FusionPro Desktop does not currently support this version of the Mac OS. Upgrading to 10.6 may result in an inoperable installation of FusionPro Desktop.

We are currently working on finishing up the release of our FusionPro 6.1 version (which includes DirectSmile and AFP support) and will then start on our 10.6 support. We are hoping to release an update to FusionPro Desktop before the end of the year with 10.6 support.

We will surely share more information as we have it. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd share a quick update on our support for Mac OS 10.6.

Our QA and development team is in the middle of testing the latest internal release of FusionPro - the soon to be released version 6.1 for Mac - with 10.6. Early tests look promising and we will continue testing to identify areas where we may have compatibility issues.

If all goes well, we very well may be able to officially support 10.6 in the FusionPro 6.1 release!

We'll surely keep you all updated on this much anticipated new functionality.

Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

Hello Tony,

We have FusionPro 6.1 for Mac in QA now and are testing on Snow Leopard. Things are looking good so far and we're hoping the rest of the testing goes well so we can release 6.1 for Mac soon.

BTW - while it's not "officially supported" yet, I've been running FP 6.0 on my Mac under 10.6. I did have to install Rosetta for 10.6 (as customers will need to do once we release FP 6.1) but for me, Rosetta installed automatically while I was doing the FusionPro installation. I did also have to do a manual "Load Fonts" after install of FP 6.0 - an issue we have been looking at in the 6.1 release.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived