Inserting PDF into Body Pages

I'm sure this is incredibly simple but I cannot get any rules to work for it on the body pages for some reason.

We have a 24 page magazine I will impose into printer spreads in the end with Imposer. The data could have a couple different customers in it mailing to a different 24 page PDF in one data field called "ARTF".

I set up my layout as 24 body pages. I need the rule to put page 1 of the PDF in the data on Body Page 1, page 2 of the PDF on Body Page 2 and so on. Body Page 24 has the mailing panel and indicia.

Any help is appreciated

I wouldn't approach the job that way, creating all those body pages in the template.

Instead, I would either use an overflow page with inline graphics, per this thread:

http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=37

Or, even simpler, just make a simple one-page template, with a graphic frame, and repeat the record for the number of pages in the PDF resource, with code like this in OnRecordStart:

var PDF = Resource(Field("ARTF"), "graphic");
FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = PDF.countPages;
PDF.pagenumber = FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber;
FindGraphicFrame("FrameName").SetGraphic(PDF);

Thanks Dan. I did create a second layout with the first page, an overflow page and then the last page that has the mailing panel. I think I was having some issues reaching the file path on the server too.

I'll try this rule and see if that does the trick.

Thanks Dan. I did create a second layout with the first page, an overflow page and then the last page that has the mailing panel. I think I was having some issues reaching the file path on the server too.

Do you mean issues accessing the file path, like a permission/sharing issue?

Or do you mean issues specifying the path in a rule? The best way to resolve that is to put the path to the server in the Search Path box on the Advanced tab of the Composition Settings dialog.

If the file is on a network drive, you probably need to use a mounted drive spec on Mac, starting with something line "smb://".

If you're submitting the job from Mac to Producer, you may need to specify two different paths in the Search Path box, delimited by a semicolon: a mounted drive spec for Mac and a UNC path for Windows. Or put the UNC path to the graphics in the search path for the queue, in the Producer Configuration app.

I'll try this rule and see if that does the trick.

Sure, although you need to be able to find the graphic resource either way.