stop installing the fonts

One thing that is annoying about installing FusionPro is that it installs all kinds of fonts that I don't necessarily want.

Can you make the fonts a separate download?

I have about 8 installations of FP and have to clean up the fonts every time I install an update or reinstall a current version.

Thanks.

Exactly what problem are the fonts causing? What goes wrong if you don't clean them up?

The problem with making installation of the fonts optional is that these fonts are required to use certain functionality in the software, specifically barcodes. Even if you might not use or want this functionality, a lot of other users do. If we didn't install the fonts automatically, then people would go to use the barcode functions without remembering whether they installed the fonts or not, and their barcodes wouldn't work, and that would be confusing.

I am with Ryan on this one. Anyone in a managed font environment has to do a lot of clean up after the install. I would appreciate just having an option in the installation as to whether or not to install fonts.

Archived