xmpie layer support

Is there any way to simulate what our competitor is doing with xmpie.

They are able to switch layers with a trigger.

What we are trying to accomplish is , we have 5 letters that are close in design but use the same data. The data is in different positions for each letter due to the slight design differences.

We do not want to build different jobs for each Version of letter.

Build your template with a page for each letter version and name it according to a data field. Then use an OnRecordStart rule that the data specifies which named page to use such as:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(Field("YourDataField"), true); 

Edited by dreimer

Is there any way to simulate what our competitor is doing with xmpie.

They are able to switch layers with a trigger.

What we are trying to accomplish is , we have 5 letters that are close in design but use the same data. The data is in different positions for each letter due to the slight design differences.

We do not want to build different jobs for each Version of letter.

Could you please elaborate on exactly how this feature works? Where are the layers that you are switching? Do you mean layers created in another app such as Photoshop or Illustrator that are carried over into the PDF that you're using as a FusionPro template?

Can you post an example of a FusionPro template with layers?

Edited by Dan Korn
request for sample layered PDF

We have been given 12 templates, which were previously used in an online ordering environment. These templates had edibility to the administrator whihin the portal (OPS Solution). Over time they modified the twelve different templates

so now what was at one time in the same positions has now been moved.

So we have 12 pdf's of the base art, the variable boxes are in slightly different positions for each template. We are also supplied one large combined data file that has to call each shell, but because the data boxes move for each pdf, we will need to trigger the appropriate position variable box for that pdf when it is called in.

Does this make sense so far?

I get it and you can do that as I stated, create each letter version as it's own page in your Fusion Pro template and have a field in the data trigger which page to use. The pages in the template will set to unused.

Fusion Pro will then switch the page needed for each record just as XMPie would switch layers.

Edited by dreimer

I get it and you can do that as I stated, create each letter version as it's own page in your Fusion Pro template and have a field in the data trigger which page to use. The pages in the template will set to unused.

Fusion Pro will then switch the page needed for each record just as XMPie would switch layers.

Seems there is more complexity being used in the document. I would like to

explain the details, but I think a visual will be needed to convey the desired functionality.

Can I send directly to you?