size of a font return by copyFit function

DSweet

I believe that this question was answered in a earlier posting but I cannot find it. How can you determine the final size of a font that was altered within the copyFit function? I know it must be a function of FusionProTextMeasure somehow, but can't find it.

Example...If the original text has a font size value of 14, but the output of the copyFit altered text has a value of "10.8" how can you retrieve within FusionPro what the final altered point size is? I need to be able to use that same point size in several different text boxes in which the data contained in the each box may or may not need to have been altered to begin with.

Our customer wants all the variable text in different locations to be the same point size in the output. I need to determine what the smallest font that is required to fit any of the boxes and then adjust "all text boxes" to be that same point size.

• 6 years later...

I am looking to achieve this same result, client needs the fonts to be the same size or "magnification factor" of the original font size for multiple frames. I created a new empty text rule, rule_ApplyCopyfitMagnification. I used the code referenced in the first suggested solution.

return "<p verticalstart=topofcolumn br=false>";

I then connected the two text frames and inserted this rule between my two existing rules for these frames inside the #1 connected frame. When I preview or compose the rule's text is printed on the output. The first rules results along with return "<p verticalstart=topofcolumn br=false>"; are printed in the first frame and the second rules results are printed in the #2 connected frame.

Possibly I wrote the rule for the return "<p verticalstart=topofcolumn br=false>"; incorrectly?

When I preview or compose the rule's text is printed on the output. The first rules results along with return "<p verticalstart=topofcolumn br=false>"; are printed in the first frame and the second rules results are printed in the #2 connected frame.

Possibly I wrote the rule for the return "<p verticalstart=topofcolumn br=false>"; incorrectly?

Check the "Treat returned string as tagged text" box in the rule.