Go Back   PTI Marketing Technologies User Community > Software-Related Talk > The JavaScript Library > XML Dialog Boxes

Notices

Old July 29th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Junior Community Member

Default Re: Edit XML files

Sorry about that Dan, next time I will include the attachments in the beginning.

My end goal is to create some Template XMLs, but wanted to glean information from some of the XMLs from previous jobs.

Since I found a bug, is all forgiven?

And thank you very much for the work around. That will be very helpful in the future.
Old July 30th, 2015, 11:04 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
Sorry about that Dan, next time I will include the attachments in the beginning.
Thanks. Like I said, it's usually worth a thousand words.
Quote:
My end goal is to create some Template XMLs, but wanted to glean information from some of the XMLs from previous jobs.
Okay, but now I'm confused again, because you say you're trying to create XML Template rules, but you're using an HTML Form Definition file. While the files for the XML Template rules and the HTML Form Definition are similar, they're not the same, and they're not interchangeable.
  • The XML Template rules are for rules inside a FusionPro job, which allow the end user to do things like select from a list of fields or fonts at template design time (and they have JavaScript code in them to do something based on the selected fields.)
  • The HTML Form Definition is for a web form which lets the user enter data or upload graphics with specific constraints to build the data for a composition (where the client-side JavaScript for validation comes from a separate file.)
Anyway, if you want to create an XML Template rule, then you should start with an XML Template rule file, not with an HTML Form Definition file.

Or, if you're trying to create HTML Form Definitions, then that doesn't really make sense either, because different jobs are going to have different fields that need data entered. It's better to just create the HTML Form Definition using the Web DataCollect dialog for each job.

Maybe if you can give me a more specific example of what you're actually trying to accomplish, I can offer a more specific suggestion.
Quote:
Since I found a bug, is all forgiven?
There's nothing to forgive. I'm sorry you ran into this bug, and I appreciate you finding it.
Quote:
And thank you very much for the work around. That will be very helpful in the future.
Sure. Though, like I said, I think you're using the wrong file for what you're trying to do.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old July 29th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I have been working in Fusion Pro and couldn't get scripts to copy and paste in or save correctly.

Working in UTF-16 made the difference.

I'm not going crazy, I'm not going crazy...