Need help with a JS rule.

jpreve

FusionPro 9.3.6 | MAC OS X | DSF 9.0

I need help writing a js rule for a business card in DSF.

The business card has line separators above and below the following variables:

Full Name

Title Line 1

Title Line 2

Email Address

I need the line separators to open and close based on the title fields. The customer would like the copy to cut off if the title is too long to fit within these 2 lines. I would like the title field to be a multiple line field, instead of 2 separate fields, and allow the line graphic to change based on using 1 or 2 lines. Please see samples: 1 title line & 2 title line. Please let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!

1 title line.pdf

2 title line.pdf

You could just put all of your fields into the cell of a table with a border on the top and bottom of it:

var content = [
 Field('Full Name'), 
 Field('Title Line 1'), 
 Field('Title Line 2'), 
 Field('Email Address')
].filter(String).join('<br>');

if (!content) return '';

var table = new FPTable();
table.AddColumn(13600);
var row = table.AddRow();
var cell = row.Cells[0];
cell.VAlign = 'Middle';
cell.HAlign = 'Center';
cell.SetBorders('Thin', 'PANTONE 350 U', 'Top', 'Bottom');
cell.Content = content;

return table.MakeTags();

That leads to another problem, I have another business card similar to it with a logo on top of the line. See attached sample. I would be fine using a graphics resource, if I knew how to keep a character limitation on the titles. There is another problem with these business cards; the phone numbers need to stay center between the bottom of the golf logo and the top of the address. For the other card the phone numbers need to stay center from the bottom line separator and the top of the address. Any suggestions on how to do this? I've been trying to wrap my head around this one for awhile now. Samples attached: Thanks for any help!!!

golf 1 line title.pdf

golf 2 line title.pdf

With your graphics files (PDF, JPeg, Tiff, etc), if you have them premade already, you can also create the following rules:

top line - text rule

bottom line with graphic - text rule

your textbox would be the following:

<top line rule>

<NAME>

<TITLE>

<EMAIL>

<bottom line with graphic rule>

Grahic rules scripting (treat return strings as tagged text):

<graphic file="YOUR GRAPHIC FILE NAME/RESOURCE HERE">

Edited by tou

With your graphics files (PDF, JPeg, Tiff, etc), if you have them premade already, you can also create the following rules:

top line - text rule

bottom line with graphic - text rule

your textbox would be the following:

<top line rule>

<NAME>

<TITLE>

<EMAIL>

<bottom line with graphic rule>

Grahic rules scripting (treat return strings as tagged text):

Code:

<graphic file="YOUR GRAPHIC FILE NAME/RESOURCE HERE">

I'm not sure I understand how to write the top line rule as a text rule. Can you help with this rule too? I'm a little confused on the difference between the top line rule vs. the bottom line with graphic rule? Sorry.

I'd parsed your business card to have only the top line for one graphic resource. Parsed the business card to have only the bottom line plus the graphic logo as another resource.

I would use something like pitstop to delete components you don't need to make the two images above.

Once you import the graphics as resources, you can create two separate rules to return the graphic resource (as a tagged text). This way you can then insert it into the textbox.

Hard to explain, so here's the collect job....attached...

golf template.zip

Edited by tou

This works great!

One more issue: What's the best way to keep the phone numbers centered between the bottom of the logo and top of the address? I'm using the paragraph formatting in the variable text editor but it's not centering it correctly.

Thanks for all your help!!! JP

Edited by jpreve

This works great!

One more issue: What's the best way to keep the phone numbers centered between the bottom line and address? I'm using the paragraph formatting in the variable text editor but it's not centering it correctly.

Thanks for all your help!!! JP

I would imagine you create another text box and have it center vertically? Or you can have one big text box and have everything collapse blank lines when a variable is empty?

Another suggestion is to format the numbers after the colon to start at the same spot....but that's just for looks of course.