How to change color of text on Expression template

I'm new to using FusionPro & Espression, I have an Expression template with text on the back of a jersey driven by the last name of the recipient,I can see the name changing in FusionPro but can't figure out how to change the color of the text. I've attached a sample, the name "Robinson" is the variable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BaseballTeamJB_COMPLETE_FLAT.thumb.jpg.96105914f921ccbfcb03841c2ade5d7a.jpg

Edited by Armando Pena

It depends on the FP Expression template. It's hard to say without seeing it, but it looks like your FP Expression template uses image characters. So there isn't really a way to change the color of the image characters without going into the Expression template itself and assigning new images for each character (letter). You could create multiple Expression templates, with differently-colored image characters in each, and then programatically call out a particular one of those multiple Expression templates in your FusionPro VDP rule.

I'm using masking text with an outline mask of 9px.

That doesn't look like masking text to me, but okay.

There is no easy way to change the outline color instead of black to the red?

If you're using masking text, then you can either replace the masking image, or you can apply a filter with a color.