Cannot launch FusionPro Desktop plug-in for Acrobat 9 Pro

jtrump

I just recently purchased FusionPro 6.1. I had Adobe CS3 and FusionPro 5 installed, and I uninstaleld both of those and installed Adobe CS4 and FusionPro 6.1.

After registering, I tried to launch Acrobat. Whenever I launch, I receive the two error messages shown below. I have tried restarting the computer, deactivating FusionPro and reactivating, and re-installing FusionPro Desktop, but none of those have solved the problem. No matter what, I can't seem to get the plugin to actually load within Acrobat for me.

Is there a reason this could be happening? Hopefully I do not have to reinstall CS4 since that takes at least two hours to complete.

Capture.JPG.5d9d06d28cd3377e4445d4fa6c042673.JPG

Just to clarify, do you by any chance have two versions of Acrobat installed? This should not cause a problem, but you might want to check that the FusionPro plug-in did not install to the other version.

It would also be helpful to know what version of Mac or Windows you are working on.

Open up InDesign, there should be a FusionPro palette available. Click on the little arrow in the upper-right corner of this palette and select "About FusionPro". Can you tell me what version it is saying?

As for the two messages you are seeing, those are not cause for alarm, but after dismissing them, you should not see them the next time you start up Acrobat. It sounds like you are seeing them again which leads me to believe that you are not actually registered. This computer does have an internet connection, right?

Thanks for the quick response Lauren.

I am not entirely sure that I only have one version of Acrobat installed. It indicates only one, but it seems that traces of CS3 are left behind (not what I intended).

Taking a closer look, I managed to find the uninstaller for CS3 (it's not where you'd expect to find it), so I'm going to try to uninstall CS3 completely and see if that works.

As for the version number, I do not think that FusionPro is loading correctly in InDesign, although it did show the plugin in the InDesignCS4 menu when I was looking around earlier. I don't usually use InDesign at all, so I'm not really sure there.

The computer is running Windows 7 RC x86, and is connected to the internet (I am posting from it). But I do receive those two messages every time I launch Acrobat.

Hopefully removing CS3 will resolve the problem. If not, I will be back.

The computer is running Windows 7 RC x86,

How's 7? I can't wait to upgrade!

Also, when un-installing, make sure that there are no folders left in the x86 files after un-install is complete.

I would install CS4, do the updates and then re-start the machine. Install FusionPro after the updates to CS4 have been done.

I think I forgot to try to use the Adobe Updated to update Acrobat before I installed FusionPro. Windows 7 hides all those annoying notifications by default, so I missed it initially.

No idea if that is a problem or not, but I'm trying that now.

As for Windows 7, I'm running the Release Candidate on 3 computers (work, tablet, and home), and I love it. Really, I think most should upgrade. If you're running Vista, you should definitely upgrade because Windows 7 is definitely an improvement on Vista. If you are running XP... well I don't know how you are managing to live in the past but you're due for an upgrade.

I even put it on my boss's computer who's hesistant to change anything on his computer. He has been on the same computer for over 5 years and I do not think he's ever installed a new operating system. He loves Windows 7.

I also forgot about the "right-click" on the setup.exe and run as administrator. Not sure if this is needed if you are already logged-in as an administrator but ya never know.

What is the upgrade price to go to 7 from Vista? Also, I'm running Home Premium, any limitations that you know of in a "production" business environment?

Upgrading pricing is a bit sketchy at this point. I've seen anything from $50 to go to Pro if you purchased your upgrade in July (pre-order), to $100 from Vista to Pro at full price. I believe a Home Upgrade might be $50?

I do know you can get Home Premium for $29.99 as an upgrade if you have a .edu e-mail address of some sort.

I can't recall exactly the limitations you'll run into between Home and Professional. I would guess that they are mostly going to be on the networking side of things, as is usually the case.

Hooray! The problem is solved!

Despite all the steps I took, I believe the final culprit may have been that it was necessary to fully run Adobe Updated in order to get the install to work.

I should be able to confirm that tomorrow, since I installed FusionPro on a second computer (I have a backup computer for composing large jobs, yes I have to deactivate the software and reactivate to do it)

Upgrading pricing is a bit sketchy at this point. I've seen anything from $50 to go to Pro if you purchased your upgrade in July (pre-order), to $100 from Vista to Pro at full price. I believe a Home Upgrade might be $50?

How many different version of SEVEN are there? I'm thinking of just upgrading to the highest level to eliminate any limitations there maybe.

Glad to hear you got the install to work.:D

Looks like there is just a Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare-editions/starter.aspx

For what it's worth, I can't give you a reason to go Ultimate over Professional. I think Ultimate has Media Center and Professional may not, but I doubt you need Media Center in a production environment.

Archived