jl_arnold

I see in FusionPro under Global Setting for any text field are setting for Word Spacing. Here I can set Minimum, Optimum and Maximum percentages for all fields.

I only want to change the word spacing for a single field. This field utilizes both tracking and word spacing increases.

I know CopyFit rules can be set to individual fields with JavaScript. Is there a way I can set word spacing for just a single field?

Thanks!

Jason

I see in FusionPro under Global Setting for any text field are setting for Word Spacing. Here I can set Minimum, Optimum and Maximum percentages for all fields.

I only want to change the word spacing for a single field. This field utilizes both tracking and word spacing increases.

I know CopyFit rules can be set to individual fields with JavaScript. Is there a way I can set word spacing for just a single field?

What specific effect are you trying to achieve in the output? A picture may be worth a thousand words.

Note that you can use entities such as   or   to denote a space in a specific width; please refer to the FusionPro Tags Reference for more information.

Dan!

Thanks!! The tag reference guide is all I think I really needed. I couldn't find some of the tags in the building blocks so this guide really helped.

So I was able to get this working without switching a regular non-breaking space for an em space. But if I want to do that, I can't remember is there is something built into FusionPro to do so. If not, I have a sample of the code below if you wouldn't mind checking it.

It seems to work just fine, I'll just want to save it to my local computer for future reference if it's not built into FusionPro, since I know I have used similar text switching codes in the past.

function replaceFunction(field)
{
   field = field.replace(/ /g, " ");
   field = field.replace(/ /g, " ");

return field;
}

return (replaceFunction(Field("INSERTFIELDNAME");

Thanks!

Jason