Multi set body page usage based on dates

Mike

Eric has been kind enough to help me work out the following age based code and I have to say it works brilliantly to turn on and off the back pages only for printing.

My question is how would I tell fusion to turn on and off both a front page and a back page. I am a noob and just can't get it to work. Below is the code that works perfect

Code that works:

// OnRecordStart

Date.prototype.YearsBetween = function(){

var intMilYear = 365.23 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000;

var intMilDif = arguments[0] - this;

var intYears = Math.floor(intMilDif/intMilYear);

return intYears;

}

var dob = new Date(Field("birthday")); // YOUR FIELD in a standard date format

var today = new Date();

var yearsBetween = dob.YearsBetween(today);

// Turn on age related backs for specific record (Pages named A,B,C,D and set to Unused)

if (yearsBetween <=16) FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackA",true);

else if (yearsBetween <= 40) FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackB",true);

else if (yearsBetween <= 60) FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackC",true);

else FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackD",true);

What I need help with in red

// OnRecordStart

Date.prototype.YearsBetween = function(){

var intMilYear = 365.23 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000;

var intMilDif = arguments[0] - this;

var intYears = Math.floor(intMilDif/intMilYear);

return intYears;

}

var dob = new Date(Field("birthday")); // YOUR FIELD in a standard date format

var today = new Date();

var yearsBetween = dob.YearsBetween(today);

// Turn on age related backs for specific record (Pages named A,B,C,D and set to Unused)

if (yearsBetween <=16) FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackA",true) + FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontA",true);

else if (yearsBetween <= 40) FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackB",true) + FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontB",true);

;

else if (yearsBetween <= 60) FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackC",true)+ FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontC",true);

;

else FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackD",true) + FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontD",true);

;

Any help would be great.

My bad (sort of). I kept all the IF statements as one-liners since my example was only returning a single result per condition. In your case, you want to run 2+ commands so you need to place them on separate lines inside curly brackets "{}" as follows:

if (yearsBetween <=16) {
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackA",true);    
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontA",true);
}
else if (yearsBetween <= 40) { 
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackB",true); 
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontB",true);
}
else if (yearsBetween <= 60) {
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackC",true);    
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontC",true);
}
else {
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("BackD",true);    
  FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("FrontD",true);
}

On another side note, if you enclose your JS code with the CODE tags, it will place your code in an interior gray box making it a little easier to separate code from general text in a forum post. The CODE tags are found in the WYSIWYG text editor denoted by the pound sign, or you can just surround your code with (code](/code] (replace left parenthesis with left square bracket).

Archived