Variable text color in table

Hawk

I am creating a table from an external data file. I need the text color of a row to be red if there is a Y in the last column of the external file. Can't seem to get it.

Here is what i have so far.

numRecsExtDF = XDFTop.recordCount;

var numRecsExtDF = XDFTop.recordCount;

var  myTable = '<table columns="6" Space="Above:180;Below:180" Alignment="Center" Margins="Top:60;Bottom:60;Left:60;Right:60"' 
myTable +='BoxRules="Top:thin,BLACK;Bottom:thin,BLACK;Left:thin,BLACK;Right:thin,BLACK" HeaderRules="Rule:thin,BLACK;" '
myTable +='ColumnRules="Freq:1;Default:thin,BLACK;Alternate:thin,BLACK" RowRules="Freq:1;Default:thin,BLACK;Alternate:thin,BLACK">'
myTable +='<column width=8000><column width=8000><column width=12000><column width=8000><column width=8000><column width=8000>'
myTable += '<row><cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>Provider Type<br />(renering service)'
        myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>Last Known<br />ICD-9 Code'
        myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>ICD-9<br />Description'
        myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>Date Last<br />Confirmed'
        myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>DHCC<br />Grouping'
        myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>Need to be<br />Confirmed in<br />2012 (Y/N)'
for (i=0; i <= numRecsExtDF; i++)
{      

if (XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 0)==Field("hicn"))
   {   

myTable += '<row>'
       myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>'+ NormalizeEntities(XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 1))
       myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>'+ NormalizeEntities(XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 2))
       myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>'+ NormalizeEntities(XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 3))
       myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>'+ NormalizeEntities(XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 4))
       myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>'+ NormalizeEntities(XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 5))
       myTable += '<cell margins="top:030;bottom:030"><p br=false quad=C>'+ NormalizeEntities(XDFTop.GetFieldValue(i, 6))

}
}  
 myTable += '</table>';
 return  myTable;

I can't even change the color with a color tag.

I'm using VDP Creator 8. And Acrobat 9.

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by Hawk

• 2 months later...
Is there a way to do this with a color value rather than using a named color? We have a client that can use lots of many colors. Using the rule above, every time they want to add a new color, we'd have to open the template & recollect it. I'd like to give them a color picker & let them send color values if possible.

Is there a way to do this with a color value rather than using a named color? We have a client that can use lots of many colors. Using the rule above, every time they want to add a new color, we'd have to open the template & recollect it. I'd like to give them a color picker & let them send color values if possible.

Yes, with FusionPro 8.1 or later, you can call “new FusionProColor” to create a color. The signature is:

new FusionProColor(name [,cyan] [,magenta] [,yellow] [,black] [,isSpot])

Where the CYMK values are percentages. You can find this in the Building Blocks dialog, on the Objects tab, under the “Resources” node.

An example is:

var myColor = new FusionProColor("Brown", 0, 3, 5, 62);
FindTextFrame("Title").fillColorName = "Brown";

Of course, the values can come from data fields, like so:

var myColor = new FusionProColor("User Color", Int(Field("Cyan"), Int(Field("Yellow"), Int(Field("Magenta"), Int(Field("Black"));
FindTextFrame("Title").fillColorName = "User Color";