Help ASAP First time using FusionPro Desktop

Rivercity

I have a customer PDF of 2400 unique pages to match with names and addresses. The corrected names and addresses are provided as a text file, I can easily get this list set as I need but I dont know how to get each page of the PDF into FusionPro. Do I simply open the PDF in Acrobat?

Yes, you open the document in acrobat and define your data source. Although I'm not sure how you will be able to accomplish your goal. You might as well open each page of your PDF in Illustrator and manually enter each address. If the records are already composed in the PDF, why wouldn't you also compose the addresses when they were generated?

You should be using your list to compose/generate the 2400 pdf records in FusionPro. The way you are approaching it does not take advantage of the VDP composition.

Goodluck

I have done something similar to this. What I did was...

Opened 2400 page pdf in Acrobat and do an extract pages, extracting all pages as separate files.

So you now have 2400 files with the names file 1, file 2... file 2400.

Now see the attached job that shows the rule necessary to pull in the individual pdfs. You can then create a text box to add name, address, etc.

Note: You need to set the directory for the 2400 pdf images in the Compose Settings. Go to Compose... click the Advanced tab... and in Search Path put the path to the images (Mac would be /Users/Name/Desktop/... )

Note 2: I have successfully done this without breaking up the large pdf and calling the pages by number, but the render time was brutal on such a large file.

FusionPro Pull PDF Pages.zip

Archived