Go Back   PTI Marketing Technologies User Community > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old May 11th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Forum n00b

Default Font issue

Hello,

I keep getting this error:

"FusionPro template uses fonts which are not loaded on this Machine.
Do you want to review and/or replace the missing fonts now?
(If you click "No", you will be prompted again when editing any Text Frame or Formatted Text Resources with Missing fonts.)"

The font is definitely installed on my mac, because I created the file in InDesign and I am not missing the font.

I get this error when I export the pdf and use FusionPro in the PDF. I tried installing the fonts through FusionPro under Server - Load all Fonts and I'm still receiving the same error.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:25 PM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Default Re: Font issue

I'm not sure what anyone can suggest without at least knowing the name of the font in question. If you click Yes in that pop-up, it will show you which fonts are missing. It's possible that FusionPro refers to the font by a different name than the name that other apps use. You can look at the fonts.ini file to see if the font is there with a different name; it's generally under "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro" on Windows or "/Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro/Fonts" on Mac.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@pti.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@PTI.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs. Please do not post proprietary font files to this forum.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Junior Community Member

Did You go to Fusion Pro (program active) Server / Load all Fonts... ?
And then restarting FusionPro and Acrobat Professional?
Is that particular font showing up in the font list as You choose a font in the Text-composer field of the variable insertions? And as Dan Korn suggested - it could be a slightly different name as the one InDesign shows You.
Old May 14th, 2018, 06:09 AM
Junior Community Member

I've had this happen many times to me too.

A simple test is to load the fonts through FontBook, and not using InDesign's feature of putting them in a folder called "Document fonts" at the same level as your document. And then make sure your fonts folder is NOT called "Document fonts".

Now open your InDesign, do you get a font error there now?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Either way, you may just have to relink the way FusionPro sees the name font, as opposed to the way InDesign sees the name of the font. Eventhough they very may well be the same.

Good luck.
Old June 6th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Junior Community Member

Also if I have a whiff of a font issue I stop Extensions Suitcase (Suitcase->Preferences->Type Core Options->Stop Suitcase Fusion Type Core...) and use Font Book to make the fonts in question active.