Background on Imposition Sheet

MSilber

Hi,

I'm using FusionPro 8.2 and read about the new feature of setting a background for imposition sheet.

I have a template with page 1 and 2 in size 85mm x 55mm for a business card and page 3 is in size A4 (that is the size of my imposition media).

I also setup the following rule as a callback rule "OnJobStart"

FusionPro.Composition.impositionSheetBackgroundFrontPage="ImpBack";

(ImpBack is the page name of page 3)

If I compose this template I will get a pdf with my imposition but with a 3paged business card instead of a background on my imposition sheet.

Can someone please point out my mistake.

Thanks

Marcus

I'm using FusionPro 8.2 and read about the new feature of setting a background for imposition sheet.

I have a template with page 1 and 2 in size 85mm x 55mm for a business card and page 3 is in size A4 (that is the size of my imposition media).

I also setup the following rule as a callback rule "OnJobStart"

FusionPro.Composition.impositionSheetBackgroundFrontPage="ImpBack";

(ImpBack is the page name of page 3)

If I compose this template I will get a pdf with my imposition but with a 3paged business card instead of a background on my imposition sheet.

Can someone please point out my mistake.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're seeing, and how it's different than what you're expecting. Are you actually using Imposition? That is, have you created a .fpi file with FP Imposer and referenced it in your template, on the Imposition tab of the Composition Settings dialog? Also, if you remove the OnJobStart rule, or comment out the line to set the background, does the imposition work properly?

If you can collect up the job and post it, that would be worth a thousand words.

Hi Dan,

sure I can. Sorry for not doing this before. :-)

In the meantime I created a template with just a one sided business card to clean up the template and to just focus on imposition background.

This new template is attached.

Hope you can point me to the missing settings.

Thanks

Marcus

BusinessCard_IMP.zip