Keeping table from breaking between pages

Although I could be wrong, it seems like in a previous version of FusionPro, if I created a table, it would not break between pages. However, now I have a document that has several tables in it, and they are breaking between pages. Is there a way to keep the entire table together, and push it to the next page if the whole thing won't fit? I have searched the forum, but I haven't found the answer, at least not yet.

I'm running Fusion Pro Creator v.9.3.36 with Acrobat 9 on a Mac running OS 10.8.5

Although I could be wrong, it seems like in a previous version of FusionPro, if I created a table, it would not break between pages.

I don't think anything about tables has changed in this regard for a very long time. But if you can find the job that worked that way, where it doesn't break the table, I'd be happy to look at it.

However, now I have a document that has several tables in it, and they are breaking between pages. Is there a way to keep the entire table together, and push it to the next page if the whole thing won't fit? I have searched the forum, but I haven't found the answer, at least not yet.

The only way I know of is to use the "vstraddle" attribute of the <cell> tag to straddle a cell between the rows you want to keep together. If the first (non-header) row of the table has a cell with the vstraddle set to the total number of rows, then it should force all of the rows to stay together. You can create a column with a width of 1 and no content or borders with the single vstraddled cell so that the dummy cell is essentially invisible.

Thanks Dan! That's exactly what I needed. I actually had found that tip when I originally programmed my file. However, it's been well over a year since the last time I touched it, and in the meantime, I forgot why that bit of code was there. I had the VStraddle number set wrong because the number of rows had increased. The fact that the problem appeared to be related to the newer version I have now was circumstantial, which I suspected.

Thanks again for your help!