font showing up in text frame.

tbone56

I have loaded a new font into FPD and am having trouble getting it to show up.

I can see the correct font in the Variable Text Editor but cannot see it in the Text Field when previewing.

Here is a screenshot. In the screen shot the "Sample Text" is simply typed in and the "Test Name" is being pulled from a data sheet.

Anyone know how to fix this?

http://208.116.132.81/en/font.jpg

Font.JPG.f1c3948fa575cb9acd770a5cc487b31d.JPG

It is checked and I did not see anything in the fonts.err file but here is everything that was in there.

Unable to open registry to load PostScript fonts

Continue with other fonts

Unable to load PostScript fonts from registry

Error: Font <C:\Program Files (x86)\Printable\FusionPro\fonts\Cambria Math.ttc> has incorrect ttc header version.

*** Error 1; val 1 on ?() line 379 of E:\release_fp\release-6-2-p1c\FusionPro\Common\ttfps.cpp

*** Error 1; val 1 on ?() line 398 of E:\release_fp\release-6-2-p1c\FusionPro\Common\ttfps.cpp

*** Error 1; val 0 on ?() line 1331 of E:\release_fp\release-6-2-p1c\FusionPro\formatter\PFM2BFK.CPP

*** Error 1; val 0 on ?() line 833 of E:\release_fp\release-6-2-p1c\FusionPro\formatter\PFM2BFK.CPP

Adjusting UAC settings in Windows 7

To adjust the UAC settings in Windows 7:

1. Open User Account Control Settings, type UAC in the Start Search box, and then click Change User Account Control settings in the Control Panel window.

Collapse this imageExpand this image

http://support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/Win7SBS/975787/975787a.png

2. Move the slider to a desired notification setting, and then click OK.

Collapse this imageExpand this image

http://support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/Win7SBS/975787/975787b.png

There are four UAC settings that you can choose from:

Select "Never notify" (Disable UAC)

Select this setting if you:

• Never want to be notified when programs try to install software or make changes to your computer.
  • Never want to be notified when you make changes to Windows settings.

You will be prompted to restart the computer. Once restarted run FusionPro "Load Fonts>>Load ALL". Quit and reopen template.

Did this help?

That worked. GREAT! Thanks for the help.

I was a worried it would not work becuase before I posted, the Load All link inside Adode under Fusion Pro would not work. Then I ran the config file to Load them. That's when I got the results above.

Do I need to leave the UAC permisions to Never Notify or can I move them back up?

• 4 years later...

Having a similar problem with CAMBRIA, but the proposed solution doesn't seem to work for me ...

Any idea:

(Windows 7 -Acrobat Pro X - FusionPro 903)

Error Message when composing from Acrobat:

Job started 17:15:40 - 1421165740.

Creator: FusionPro VDP Creator 9.0.3

Computer Name: ITECLUXC1112670

Current working folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat

Template File: R:\studies-all-spines.pdf

Input File: E:\INFOGRAPHIE\LIBRARY\TEMPLATES_ETUDES_IPOL_EXPO\ Project_Templates_EPRS-IPOL-EXPO-07-2014\NewVersion\Text_Import.txt

Composing record #1, input record 1

Font <Helvetica> is not a loaded font. Using default instead.

Font <Cambria> normal style is not loaded, using italic style of this font family.

Job ended 17:15:43 - 1421165743.

See error message from fonts.err:

*** Error 1052; val 0 on CONFIG_FILE::SetValue() line 677 of ..\formatter\CONFIG.CPP

*** Error 1052; val 0 on CONFIG_FILE::SetValue() line 697 of ..\formatter\CONFIG.CPP

Unable to open registry to load PostScript fonts.

Try the 64-bit hive.

Unable to open registry to load PostScript fonts

Unable to load PostScript fonts from registry

INFO: Symbol encoding in font: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Mar lett.otf

INFO: Symbol encoding in font: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Sym bol.otf

INFO: Symbol encoding in font: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Win gdings.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cal ibri.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cal ibri Italic.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cal ibri Bold.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cal ibri Bold Italic.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cam bria Italic.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cam bria Bold.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Cam bria Bold Italic.otf

Error: Font <C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Ca mbria.ttc> has incorrect ttc header version.

*** Error 1; val 1 on ReadTTCHeader() line 379 of .\ttfps.cpp

*** Error 1; val 1 on ReadTTCHeader() line 398 of .\ttfps.cpp

*** Error 1; val 0 on FontIniFileMaker::TTF_to_pfa_and_fnt() line 1388 of ..\formatter\PFM2BFK.CPP

*** Error 1; val 0 on FontIniFileMaker::HandlePSFont() line 891 of ..\formatter\PFM2BFK.CPP

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Can dara.otf

No glyph name table; using default encoding names: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Can dara Italic.otf

Any idea for a solution?

Thanks in advance

Having a similar problem with CAMBRIA

Sorry, but I don't know what "similar" means here. Exactly what problem are you having? Can you be more specific? How precisely is your output different from the output you expect?

but the proposed solution doesn't seem to work for me ...

Yes, well, this thread is over four years old, and I'm also not at all convinced that you're really having exactly the same problem as the original poster (which was also somewhat vaguely described as "[the font] does not show up correctly"). In fact, given that the font you're dealing with is a TTC font (see below), I'm pretty sure it's not the same problem at all.

Font <Cambria> normal style is not loaded, using italic style of this font family.

Okay, so the Cambria font doesn't have a normal style loaded. It's telling you that it's finding a different style to use. The fonts.ini file may be helpful here as well.

I think the relevant info is this:

Error: Font <C:\Users\Public\Documents\PTI\FusionPro\Fonts\\Ca mbria.ttc> has incorrect ttc header version

Here, it looks like you're trying to use a Mac-specific True Type Collection (TTC) font on Windows, which is possible to do, but can be tricky. The font file may be corrupted. It's also possible that you have multiple versions of the Cambria font installed.

You might consider installing a version of that font from .ttf or .otf files instead of .ttc.

At any rate, the only way for anyone to be able to analyze what's wrong is for you to send the following to Support:

• The collected template.
  • The font file(s) in question.
  • The fonts.err file.
  • The fonts.ini file.

Please DO NOT post the font here to this public forum. Doing so would almost certainly be a violation of its licensing.

Edited by Dan Korn