Installing FP for CS4 with CS3 still on the system...

WestPress

I have been using CS3 happily on my Mac for some time now, but I have a client who is now sending in CS4 documents. I have been holding off installing CS4 as long as I can, but this client is one of my FP clients.

I installed CS4 so that I can process their documents, and now it sits along side CS3 on my system. I tried to install FP again, thinking that it would be present in my CS4 InDesign and Acrobat Pro apps but alas, it is not.

Does anyone have experience with this who might be able to provide a solution that will enable me to use FP in CS4?

Yeah, I hear ya. We are an Adobe Print Partner, so we get a copy as it becomes available; I'd just been sitting on it until we really needed it. It just sucks when people jump right on the band wagon as something "new" comes out, and I would have thought better of this particular client, but what can you do?

Hi all,

We will be supporting InDesign CS4 as well as Acrobat 9 in the next release of FusionPro Desktop - v6.0. If all goes well, we are hoping to get the 6.0 release out in a few weeks.

More details about the 6.0 feature-set will be announced soon so stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
I seen fusionpro web 6.10 has been released and you are in the works for cs4 release. Is this going to be released for Mac also? Currently I use version 5.1P2c so the new one is going to jump to v6.0 for Macs? thanks cant wait to get it

Hello,

There will actually be 2 releases coming out in short order:

• FusionPro Desktop 5.8 for Mac (in final QA now). A Windows release with the latest 5.8 code will also be released with this 5.8 Mac release but it will only really be needed by our FusionPro Server customers that want to work with FusionPro Desktop 5.8 for Mac templates.
  • FusionPro Desktop 6.0 for Mac and Windows (Beta in QA testing now and both Mac/Windows are targeted for release simultaneously). This will include Acrobat 9/InDesign CS4 support as well as a number of other "goodies" that we can't wait to tell you about...

We do some extensive testing of new FusionPro VDP product versions both on a stand-alone basis as well as within FusionPro Web. The FusionPro Web testing with new VDP product releases typically results in a slight delay between the VDP software release and when templates from that release are supported within the FP Web system.

We'll surely keep everyone updated with the latest on these releases.

i download and run fusion pro 5.8 for mac and nothing... no plugins for indesign cs4 and when i open acrobat cs4 nothing... am i missing something?

Read Mark's post above. CS4 will be supported in FusionPro 6.0.

Archived