Postal One Reports

Does anyone know if you can submit a "job number" to display when you pull up the reports on a permit on-line at the Post Office? So the internal job # at the print shop would then show on the statement that shows you the transaction for the permit number.

Just Curious....

Thanks!

RPatrick,

According to my colleague that works with the data processing and enters our statements to the Post Office the place where you need to enter this information is in the field for the "Statement Sequence Number". According to him that is the field that the Post Office should be using as their key field for whatever jobs and paperwork you are providing to them. The post office employees should be entering the information you put there, or you can entering it through the Postal One website. Then when you want to pull up this information to view it you can simply use that same information as your search key.

Does your company have some sort of software that interacts with the Post Office? Is the entering of that Statement Number automated or do you hand code it each time? We use BCC Mail here for our postal data processing and forms submission. With it we can either leave it to sequentially enter in this number or we can key it in by hand. I'm sure others could work in the same manner as well.

Not really my field of expertise, but I trust him.

Thanks David.

Yea, I would like to submit the reports in our mailing software and then have our job numbers show-up in PostalOne. I wouldn't trust the guys on the dock to enter in our job number.

I've talked to our mailing software guys about it but I think it was just being integrated and kinda new to everyone(Electronic Submission Statements) a few months ago.

Archived