FP 11 and Font Manager

MartyrSyx

I asked support if any testing was done with the version of Suitcase Fusion I was using and the reply was less than desired. So for anyone who has installed the latest FP, what Font Manager Programs for PC have been working for you with FP11? In our environment with the programs and versions below, FP11 would crash Acrobat when clicking Compose. It just simply closes Acrobat as if we exited the program. After troubleshooting and install/reinstall a few times, we found uninstalling Suitcase Fusion did the trick of getting it to compose. Then we tried installing the latest version of Suitcase Fusion and it was the same result of crashing. Also tried it without PitStop installed with Suitcase Fusion installed. I would like to get a Font Manager that works with FP11 so we can manage the fonts beyond the windows system. Our other test install worked fine without PitStop or a font manager. thanks...

Windows 10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, i7-8700 at 3.20 GHz

Suitcase Fusion 18.2.4.117

Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release 2019.012.20040

PitStop Pro 17 update 1 Build 853530

btw, i like the newer look-and-feel of the FP tool windows thus far.

I asked support if any testing was done with the version of Suitcase Fusion I was using and the reply was less than desired.

Sorry if you didn't get a good answer.

I can tell you that we have indeed done testing with Suitcase Fusion, but mostly on Mac, for two reasons:

1. Because of the major architectural changes on Mac, the font handling functionality changes between FP 10 and FP 11 were almost all on Mac, and Windows font handling was not affected much.
  2. From the feedback we've gotten previously, we think that most usage of third-party font utlities like Suitcase is on Mac, and not so much on Windows.

So for anyone who has installed the latest FP, what Font Manager Programs for PC have been working for you with FP11?

I would like to know this as well.

In our environment with the programs and versions below, FP11 would crash Acrobat when clicking Compose. It just simply closes Acrobat as if we exited the program. After troubleshooting and install/reinstall a few times, we found uninstalling Suitcase Fusion did the trick of getting it to compose. Then we tried installing the latest version of Suitcase Fusion and it was the same result of crashing.

Sorry about that.

As noted, we hadn't done much testing with Suitcase on Windows, because we didn't expect many changes in the way fonts are handled. But what we expected even less, and what I still, frankly, don't completely understand, is why the mere presence of Suitcase would affect the UI in the Acrobat plug-in, where we're not even doing anything font-specific. Suitcase doesn't even have a plug-in for Acrobat, so why it has any effect at all is a bit of a mystery.

That said, I was able to reproduce the problem, and we have a fix, which will be included in a patch update, hopefully soon.

Also tried it without PitStop installed with Suitcase Fusion installed. I would like to get a Font Manager that works with FP11 so we can manage the fonts beyond the windows system. Our other test install worked fine without PitStop or a font manager. thanks...

PitStop is indeed a plug-in to Acrobat, like FusionPro, and there have been compatibility issues between our plug-ins in the past, and we have worked with our friends at Extensis to fix them as needed. I don't believe that FP 11 currently has any such compatibility issues with PitStop, though.

Windows 10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, i7-8700 at 3.20 GHz

Suitcase Fusion 18.2.4.117

Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release 2019.012.20040

PitStop Pro 17 update 1 Build 853530

Thanks for that information; this was helpful in diagnosing the problem.

btw, i like the newer look-and-feel of the FP tool windows thus far.

Thanks!