Leading discrepancy

carloscastro

What version of FusionPro are you using locally and on the server? Did you set the leading in the "paragraph" window of the text editor or did you tag it in a rule? What are your legacy line leading settings? Without knowing more information it's really hard to say what's going on.

The left is the output,

Output of what? A FusionPro composition? From what machine? From your local machine, or from DSF?

the right one, is the PDF proof of the item crated on DSF.

So, from a FusionPro composition performed on behalf of DSF, right?

There should be a .msg file, a composition log, from each of those two compositions. Those two log files are what you need.

The left is the output of a fusion pro composition, from my machine (local), and there is a .msg file for that file. but the right one is the proof of the template of DSF. where can I find that .msg if is only a PDF proof.

Well, there should be a log file somewhere, but you'll need to ask someone who knows more about DSF than I do to help find it. That said, if you can figure out where the PDF file for the proof is, the .msg file is probably right next to it.

My suspicion is that the fonts are different in the two compositions. That's something the log file would help to determine. You could also look at the Fonts tab in the Document Properties for the two PDF files in Acrobat and compare them.

• 11 months later...
Did anyone figure out the solution to this problem? We are running into the exact same issue with a template in DSF.

It's impossible to figure anything out without more information. At the very least, someone would need the two output files to examine. Having both log (.msg) files would be helpful as well, as noted previously in this thread.

because of the urgency with our issue, we had to revert back to a FP beta patch version to resolve the issue (9.2.35). I doubt we could extract the .msg file at this point.

We were able to confirm that templates using ver 9.3.36 in DSF will not hold absolute leading. FP support (Alex Marshall) had us check the 'Paragraph Menu > Global Settings > Leading Mode' and when we tested that it still did not work.

I asked support for a link to download ver 9.3.6 as this version seems to work the best for both PTI and DSF.

We use both systems and it can be troublesome when creating products in both environments. Especially because DSF lacks a ton of functionality when compared to PTI (for template products).

cheers,

mark

because of the urgency with our issue, we had to revert back to a FP beta patch version to resolve the issue (9.2.35).

Revert back from which version? 9.3.36? So you're saying you get different output when you upload a template collected from 9.2.35 to DSF than when you upload a template collected from 9.3.36 to DSF? Or do you mean that you reverted the version of FusionPro Server that DSF is using for its compositions?

I doubt we could extract the .msg file at this point.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you had composed output before, then that .msg file should still be present from the previous composition, regardless of whether FusionPro has since been uninstalled or re-installed.

At any rate, the most important piece of information I'm missing here is the version of FusionPro that DSF is using to compose output (regardless of the version used to collect the job from Acrobat). That version should be shown in the .msg file from a DSF composition, as well as in the PDF output itself (if you go to Document Properties in Acrobat).

We were able to confirm that templates using ver 9.3.36 in DSF will not hold absolute leading. FP support (Alex Marshall) had us check the 'Paragraph Menu > Global Settings > Leading Mode' and when we tested that it still did not work.

Okay, but I can't analyze that without, at the very least, seeing the output. Having the collected job would be best.

I asked support for a link to download ver 9.3.6 as this version seems to work the best for both PTI and DSF.

For Windows or Mac?

We use both systems and it can be troublesome when creating products in both environments.

What do you mean "both systems?" What's the other one besides DSF? Do you mean you make output both from DSF and directly from Acrobat using FusionPro?

Especially because DSF lacks a ton of functionality when compared to PTI (for template products).

Sorry, but again, I don't understand what you mean by "compared to PTI." Do you mean compared to the MarcomCentral application? Or do you mean FusionPro itself?