Imposition issue for bust cutting

Alleykatden

I am new to this software and I am trying to figure out how to set up the imposition so that it will remove the gutter between a 4up postcard so that only 1 cut needs to be made in the middle for cards that bleed.

I just finished watching the video tutorial "Imposing Version Pieces" and this seems to show me exactly what I needed to know about right clicking to remove the space between the rows. However, it seems that it only collapses the spacing of the crop marks and doesn't truncate the bleed showing outside the crop marks. What this means is that you can't cut this out because neighboring cards cover up part of the card it's next to.

This can been seen in the video I mentioned above at the end where he shows his final product.

Please tell me that this is possible to do properly. Found it odd that the video to teach us how to do this doesn't come out with something that is able to be cut.

I am running CS4 on a PC with fusion pro 6.0P1f.

To my knowledge, there is no way to keep bleed on three sides of the page while the 4th side shares a common edge with an adjacent page. Unlike most 3rd party software, FPImposer treats bleed and gutter space as two separate things. As a result, we have either opted for the additional cut, or output single page PDF/PS files and used a 3rd party solution for imposing.

I just find it odd that in the video that I mentioned in my original post the "teacher" says that he wants to only make one cut between so he collapses the crop mark spacing. When that does absolutely no good since your bleed no overlaps the cards it's next to. Even can see that on the file he's working with in the video. It can't be cut that way.

i'm using imposer 6.0.6 for mac and I too have this problem. Its leaving one edge of bleed on the inside signatures where there should be no bleed. Hopefully you guys can figure out what's going on here soon, I'm trying to convert all our documents from DesignMerge to FusionPro and right now I can't convert any jobs that use a diecut because i can't get those jobs to match the die.

Thanks,

Eric

Well, I figured a work around for at least one side of a 4 up postcard. When in indesign I tell indesign to not give me a bleed area for the top edge of the card, this way it doesn't have the bleed information for that edge and so it won't overlap its neighbor on that edge. Then when Imposing I set it up to run them head to head rather than head to foot so that the top edges are together. I can't do anything about the short side gutter if I do that to the long side gutter. So at least that saved my company one cut.

Just frustrating because we'd asked this specifically from our sales rep who showed us the software and he said it worked how we needed. Though by seeing that the instructional video even had it showing up wrong I guess it wasn't a known issue yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Is this fixed in the newest version? I've been on 6.0 since I made this topic and I log in here today to see that there is now a version 7. Does version 7 correct this? I have still not found a way on my end to correct this for projects that are not 4 up postcards.

Archived