Add multiple text resources to a template

I have the daunting task of creating over 5700 individual text resources for a menu we are creating. Here's the kicker: there are 520 different menu items to choose from, and each has 11 translations.

Obviously, I do not want to cut and paste from the database to the text resource editor 5700 times. I would rather use the "Add Multiple" function in the Resource dialog box, much like I do when I add multiple graphic resources.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to properly set up a "Tagged File" versus a "Plain Text File" and which would be the appropriate type to use in this case.

Additionally, if I were to upload the text correctly, I am having trouble wrapping my head around the CreateResource function.

I would appreciate help! Thanks!

If you already have a database with your items, why not just link to the data as an external database and pull the necessary data via some rules that tag and return exactly what you want without having to copy and paste or import anything?

GREAT IDEA! I will have to figure out how to link my data via rules so that I can make that happen. Would you have any example scripts/codes/rules I could reference as a "jumping off" point?

Archived